The Student Room Group

Going shopping on my own - yay or nay?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rainbow-Dream
I really wanted to go shopping to see if I could pick some stuff up in the sales but don't want to go with friends because they take forever in shops I don't like and I felt like going where I wanted to. I would have gone with my sister but she's sorta 2-faced and is only nice to me when she wants to shop. My mum doesn't want to go so I'm left with going on my own. Is this kinda weird and does anyone else go shopping on their own? Just asking because I'm likely to see lots of people I know when I go.

I never have but I'd love to. Nothing but you and the cash and the clothes. Everything and anything else is just a nuisance. :smile:
Reply 21
I always go shopping on my own because I don't like feeling guilty for making people wait for me. I went to boxing day sale with my brother,he got annoyed with me after 1 hour or so when I was taking my time looking for clothes. Sometimes I go with friends when I am browsing.
Yeah, it's not weird to go by yourself. Saves a lot of hassle sometimes. Shopping is only a social occasion if you want it to be :smile:
Are you serious? I only go shopping with friends when I don't actually want to buy anything, because I never get anything done when I'm with people. I buy pretty much everything on my own, and I've never really thought a thing about it.
I prefer shopping on my own. Then I can get what I want. Shopping with friends is something that I see as a social outing rather than to actually buy something.
Reply 25
Sorry I just can't abide it when people get so self-concious about being on their own. What is the problem here? Just go on your own
Go shopping on your own.....it means you can spend hours and hours in your favourite shops without worrying that your friends are getting bored. And I always find I end up getting what I need on my own......with friends sometimes you don't get something because they want to go somewhere else or you worry they'll be bored waiting for you.

If you see people you know just say "hey" they wont think it weird you being on your own....in fact going shopping on your own shows confidence and independence....which would look quite cool...not weird at all :smile:
I go shopping alone all the time! I see no big deal at all. It can be better as well, cos you get to decide exactly where you want to go and for as long as you want without being dragged about by others. Go for it :yep:
Reply 28
Shopping alone can be quicker and easier. I personally prefer going with at least 1 other person, because it's nice to have a second opinion e.g. on what clothes to buy
Reply 29
yay yay yay all the way!
Lol wut.
I haven't been shopping with other people for like 5 years due to the immense unpleasantness of such an activity.
LOADS of people go on their own.
Go on your own, it's your me time :smile:
I always shop on my own, I never knew people would see it as a problem.
Are you serious? Tonnes of people go shopping alone. I shop alone way more than in company.
I get so bored shopping on my own ZZZZZZZZZZ
I nearly always go on my own - friends persuade me to buy crap, try on rubbish, go to the wrong shops, etc...
Sometimes I much prefer shopping on my own. I can stay in shops as long as I like and only have to go where I want to go.
Sometimes though I do wish I had someone there with me for a second opinion, which is when it's very handy to go with friends.

It isn't weird at all to go on your own though. Plenty of people do, and quite a few of me and my friends prefer it :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Cicerao
Have you seriously never been shopping by yourself? Do you seriously have to ask if it's okay?

I worry about some people, I really do.

:lol: :lol: gotta love this forum huh
Reply 38
what the ****! who gets worked up over stuff like this?

I prefer going on my own, i hate clothes shopping with males full stop and females take bloody ages.
Nah its really not a big deal. I think both have their advantages:if your on your own, you can go at your own pace, go to the shops ya want and shop for however long you want but personally most of the time I prefer going with my mates only cuz I get to see 'em at the same time and its always good for second opinions andd shizz so yeah just be yourself do what you wanna do, if you want to go shopping alone, do it, it shouldn't be an issue what other people think i mean you've still got to get what youu need regardless if your mates are busy. Sooo happy shoppingg!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest