The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) Core 3 - 19/01/2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by yourworstnightmare
If only your use of capital letters was as good as your Mathematics (if not trolling) :facepalm:

Well I Like My Capitals. And I Am Hoping For 100%
The Rate Question I Got 45000
The Volume I Got 12ln(25)
The Last One I Got y>2k^-0.5
Reply 81
What did people get in 9 mark question?
Reply 82
What did people get for the 9 mark volumes of revolution question?

Please say a fraction with like 4-thousand and something on top :P
Reply 83
Ahahahaha. I got 45000.
Also, just to put a more positive slant on things, I thought the paper was really nice. 50/72 for an A?!! Are you having a laugh?! More like 60! Walk in the park :wink:
Would someone like to verify my answers?

Volumes of revolution 12pi[ln25]

Weird tan question 225/322 (don't even ask)

Last question, range of g(x) > 2(k^0.5)

Simpsons rule 20.3

And can someone tell me the answers to the 1st modulus questions. I think I got it wrong along with pretty much the rest of the paper. :frown:
Reply 85
Original post by trix909
What did people get in 9 mark question?

12*pi*ln(25)
Can any of you remember the questions exactly if so please post them.
Original post by Quackers93
Wouldn't mind if they put the grade boundary for an A down to like 30/72? that would be nice, although probably wouldn't even end up with that. Couldnt do the first three questions one first try, and I'm good at maths! maths was my A* subject but not anymore!

Anyone know if the uni's find out about resits? i know with some uni's they wont let you on the course if you do a resit, but realyl hwo do they know?

An A* certainly isn't out of the question; nor should you give up hope. Last year I came out of my exam feeling exactly how you did, thinking i've scored like 53/72 max and I did score roughly that, which equated to 91 UMS out of a 100 when usually it would be a B so I was very pleased. Judging by the replies and the response by the people in my school, I can understand that it was a harder paper and the A will be around 50/72, just as a guess.

If somebody PM's me the paper, i'd probably be able to give a more accurate response but I can't tell for sure since I don't know how the entire country found it. TSR is quite an intelligent place so if they thought it was hard, chances are boundaries will be low :tongue:, but just wait and hope for the best.

As for the resits, as long as it's not Cambridge or somebody who specifies like Imperial sometimes say A in every module without resitting or no resits permitted, you should be fine. Contact the university or your school UCAS mentor if you're still unsure.

The very best of luck to you and don't panic too much, concentrate on your other exams and decide what to do in March. Remember that you can still nail C4. I, and many other people, scored higher in C4 than we did in C3 so just give it your best, work hard and want it a lot. :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by nikita_atikin

Simpsons rule 20.3

And can someone tell me the answers to the 1st modulus questions. I think I got it wrong along with pretty much the rest of the paper. :frown:

I got all of them! Except last question, but that is because I didn't have a clue.
Reply 90
Original post by 04ghicks
What did people get for the 9 mark volumes of revolution question?

Please say a fraction with like 4-thousand and something on top :P

Don't remember my answer, I know I got a=9, so that may help you :P If you remember the rest

For the tan questions i got something like 221/1768 or something like that :/
Reply 91

Simpsons rule 20.3

I Got All Of Them
And For The Mods
3x=a
x=-3a
Reply 92
Original post by Stirlo
Don't remember my answer, I know I got a=9, so that may help you :P If you remember the rest

For the tan questions i got something like 221/1768 or something like that :/

12*pi*ln(25)

And 225/322
Reply 93
I got 45000 or something for the rates... I messed up on the tanxcotxtan4x business, i did everything right until tan4x. I got tan2x=2tan/1-tan^a then tan4x=2tan2a/1-tan^2 2a. This is correct, but I subbed the wrong ******* value!
and also I forgot to put that fx>y, for last question.

I think if you attempted most of it, you should be alright (I'm praying) and get method marks.
Original post by stowler91
Jan 2011 question paper

Hey can you message the links of the paper to Mr M please, so he can do the paper for us?

His profile - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=95229

Cheers :smile:
Original post by millr
Oh, quite relieving! I'm sure it wanted exact form however.

100% sure it said to 2 sig fig. xxxx

Simpsons rule 20.3
(

I got the same for all of those, I think :smile:
Reply 97
That was the hardest exam I've ever done in 7 years of existing.
Reply 98
Original post by Munchy5793
12*pi*ln(25)

And 225/322

I definitely didnt get that denominator, got the numerator though. Ah well I probably messed up a calculation near to the end. Got the 12pi ln(25) though
Reply 99
for the tan question, did anyone get 15/16?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending