The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Kagutsuchi
You should play Crysis. :yes: The level of graphics and interactivity should have you - as it did me - immersed in such a wonderful world. :love:

Had a quick gander on Wikipedia and it seems like the type of game I'd enjoy, definitely. :smile:

And then you should play 'Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines'. :yes: You liked Fable so you're bound to enjoy this game too - in that you choose your own fate and build up your character accordingly.

Vin has been trying to convince me to play this game for a while. Similarly to Crysis, I'll get around to it at some point.
Reply 581
Original post by Crazy Paving
:sad: Poor Euge.

Which is quite the contrary from last year when he would regularly have 'naps' throughout the day. :sadnod:

How are you? :closedeyes:

Not too bad, did some shopping yesterday with my husband in the morning and spent the remainder of the day lounging around in a bar with some mutual friends. It's nice to get away from the computer from time to time. :tongue: How are you? :smile:

Original post by Aiko
Which is quite the contrary from last year when he would regularly have 'naps' throughout the day. :sadnod:

Not too bad, did some shopping yesterday with my husband in the morning and spent the remainder of the day lounging around in a bar with some mutual friends. It's nice to get away from the computer from time to time. :tongue: How are you? :smile:

:frown:

Sounds like fun. :closedeyes: It is nice getting away from the computer. I'm ok thanks, off work for a few weeks now, but still have uni stuff to get on with. Getting my haircut today.
Original post by Aiko
Vin has been trying to convince me to play this game for a while. Similarly to Crysis, I'll get around to it at some point.

Well then you should also check out F.E.A.R and add it to that list. :yes:
Reply 584
:frown:

Hopefully, he'll resolve this spell of insomnia. :sad:

Sounds like fun. :closedeyes: It is nice getting away from the computer. I'm ok thanks, off work for a few weeks now, but still have uni stuff to get on with. Getting my haircut today.

Yup, especially when your job involves using the computer all day. I try to compensate this by jogging every morning, otherwise I wouldn't have any exercise at all.

Out of interest, where do you work and what are you studying (I hope this doesn't seem like I'm prying too much)? :redface: :tongue:

I need to think about calling my stylist actually, my hair is at that stage where it's neither short or long but in between and it's starting to lose its shape. :redface: What are you planning on getting? :smile:
Reply 585
Original post by Aiko
Doing what? I genuinely have no idea what you're alluding to. :redface:

you did this before:hmmm: trying to shift the focus to some other game
Original post by Aiko
Had a quick gander on Wikipedia and it seems like the type of game I'd enjoy, definitely. :smile:

:mad: oh I see, enjoy your shiny modern fps :hmpf:

you wont play it :frown:

And then you should play 'Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines'. :yes: You liked Fable so you're bound to enjoy this game too - in that you choose your own fate and build up your character accordingly.

But that's like never having cake again. O.o

I was SO disappointed. :frown: :cry: I just wanted a bloody powerful sniper rifle which didn't like to move around when aiming. :frown:

cake:wtf: what the hell do vampires want with cake:no:
Reply 586
Well then you should also check out F.E.A.R and add it to that list. :yes:

Unfortunately, my ability to plough through anime hasn't transferred onto gaming, so it'll probably be a while until I get around to playing any of these. Thanks for the recommendation, though. :smile:
Reply 587
I noticed some split ends yesturday:cry2: gonna hack them off myself again :sad:
Reply 588
Original post by vin
you did this before:hmmm: trying to shift the focus to some other game

I'm not trying to shift the focus onto anything, merely stating my own intentions in regard to gaming. I don't believe, aside from Ben/Jeh, anyone else has played Dead Space, anyway. :tongue:
Reply 589

Original post by Aiko
I'm not trying to shift the focus onto anything, merely stating my own intentions in regard to gaming. I don't believe, aside from Ben/Jeh, anyone else has played Dead Space, anyway. :tongue:

think tru has:huff:
Reply 590
Original post by vin

You're such a silly thing. :tongue:
Reply 591

Original post by Aiko
You're such a silly thing. :tongue:

you're a meanie face :frown:

Original post by Aiko
Hopefully, he'll resolve this spell of insomnia. :sad:

Yup, especially when your job involves using the computer all day. I try to compensate this by jogging every morning, otherwise I wouldn't have any exercise at all.

Out of interest, where do you work and what are you studying (I hope this doesn't seem like I'm prying too much)? :redface: :tongue:

I need to think about calling my stylist actually, my hair is at that stage where it's neither short or long but in between and it's starting to lose its shape. :redface: What are you planning on getting? :smile:

Hopefully. :frown:

I work part time in a department store, and am studying Economics.

Ah just cutting off the bulky/excess bits and neatening it up where it's getting long and curling round at the bottom. :colondollar:
Original post by vin
you wont play it :frown:

Hold quake live hostage. :teeth:

I shouldn't play devil's advocate :frown: I still need to install XP so I can play quake again. :giggle: But if I remember correctly - this started happening before I installed vista or 7. :s-smilie:

Original post by vin
cake:wtf: what the hell do vampires want with cake:no:

.... eat it? Blood cake? :love: Instead of jam sponge it'd be blood sponge. :yes:

Original post by Aiko
Unfortunately, my ability to plough through anime hasn't transferred onto gaming, so it'll probably be a while until I get around to playing any of these. Thanks for the recommendation, though. :smile:

F.E.A.R (if I remember correctly) only takes a few hours at the most. :yes: Vamp the masq. is worth the time it takes to play with all the lovely little side quests and brilliant voice acting. :h: Crysis is one game not to miss though - especially with Crysis 2 coming out some time soon.
Original post by Aiko

I have. :yes:

Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
Reply 595

I shouldn't play devil's advocate :frown: I still need to install XP so I can play quake again. :giggle: But if I remember correctly - this started happening before I installed vista or 7. :s-smilie:

.... eat it? Blood cake? :love: Instead of jam sponge it'd be blood sponge. :yes:

F.E.A.R (if I remember correctly) only takes a few hours at the most. :yes: Vamp the masq. is worth the time it takes to play with all the lovely little side quests and brilliant voice acting. :h: Crysis is one game not to miss though - especially with Crysis 2 coming out some time soon.

It wouldnt work, she'd just go play with tony or someone else :huff:

**** crysis :hmpf: that doesnt have vampires
Reply 596
Original post by vin

I was until I got stuck in an area with no oxygen, less then a clip of ammo and monsters everywhere

ragequit :awesome:
Reply 597
Original post by vin
you're a meanie face :frown:

:giggle: :hugs:

I work part time in a department store, and am studying Economics.

It's great that you're managing to work alongside studying. Minimising your reliance on loans (assuming you have one) must help. :smile:

Ah just cutting off the bulky/excess bits and neatening it up where it's getting long and curling round at the bottom. :colondollar:

Yup, more or less the same for me, removing excess volume (i.e. thinning) since my hair is naturally quite thick.

It's worth looking on the Quake Live forums. If it's a common fault, likely due to a recent update, there will probably be a few threads pertaining to this.

Ok, I'll look into playing Crysis soonish, likely after Dead Space 2 (which equally shouldn't take too long to finish if the first was anything to go by). :smile:

Original post by Truered
I was until I got stuck in an area with no oxygen, less then a clip of ammo and monsters everywhere

ragequit :awesome:

What difficulty level are you playing at? I decided to play on the hardest from the get go because I wanted the challenge. It was undeniably difficult at certain points for precisely the same situation as you've stated. Luckily, in each scenario when this happened, the game permitted leaving the area without killing them. Given my status, I doubt I would have killed all of them otherwise. :sadnod:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 598
Original post by Aiko
:giggle: :hugs:

Ok, I'll look into playing Crysis soonish, likely after Dead Space 2 (which equally shouldn't take too long to finish if the first was anything to go by). :smile:

:unimpressed:Oi, oh sure forget about bloodlines for some shiny fps which you've only just heard about.:huff:
Reply 599
Original post by vin
:unimpressed:Oi, oh sure forget about bloodlines for some shiny fps which you've only just heard about.:huff:

I do like FPS games over others. Besides, there's a chance I won't. I lack the inclination to play many games, even when I say I will, Dead Space 2 included. :redface:

Latest