The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Kagutsuchi
:giggle: He sounds hilarious. :tongue:

Yea, social areas should have windows... unless you live in the 1800s in which case a fireplace and cigars would do. :h:

I sometimes wish I took architecture.

If hilarious now has of new meaning which is someone you want to smash round the back of the head with his own bike then yes...yes he is :indiff:

I hate windowless rooms myself, I can always feel the difference between normal and artificial light. Also windows help create the illusion of space. This is important for mine as the project wants the building to be as small as possible but the people who my building is aimed at like large open spaces so it's one of the major points of my project.
Original post by JWH
If hilarious now has of new meaning which is someone you want to smash round the back of the head with his own bike then yes...yes he is :indiff:

I hate windowless rooms myself, I can always feel the difference between normal and artificial light. Also windows help create the illusion of space. This is important for mine as the project wants the building to be as small as possible but the people who my building is aimed at like large open spaces so it's one of the major points of my project.

I dislike windowless rooms too - not because of the light but because of the strange influence it has on my perception of time. How about a skylight? That'd certainly be possible if the room was to be boxed in (assuming the ceiling has access to the sky). Maybe it could even have a small roof garden around the skylight. :smile:

Also, might I/we be able to see some form of your project once it's finished? :smile:

Original post by vin
:poke:

those were good games:hugs:

:hugs: I enjoyed them too. :yep:

Did you ever get the feeling (while we were running around not shooting eachother) that we were just going around in big circles missing eachother? :mmm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 782
I dislike windowless rooms too - not because of the light but because of the strange influence it has on my perception of time. How about a skylight? That'd certainly be possible if the room was to be boxed in (assuming the ceiling has access to the sky). Maybe it could even have a small roof garden around the skylight. :smile:

Also, might I/we be able to see some form of your project once it's finished? :smile:

Sky light yes roof garden no, the tropical weather means a lot of rain a garden would need a flat surface which would collect water and possibly make the roof collapse in. Though a sky light would provide light put it would still not help with the fact a room without windows feels a lot smaller than a room with them and the people my project is aimed at like big rooms.

And possibly yes though if this keeps going it's not going to be done for ages and even if I get this design done it still isn't going to be finished for a while
Reply 783

:hugs: I enjoyed them too. :yep:

Did you ever get the feeling (while we were running around not shooting eachother) that we were just going around in big circles missing eachother? :mmm:

Its funny because thats what was pretty much happening :giggle:
Reply 784
does anyone ever see themselves in the mirror sometimes and think ":coma:"
:nah:

:slap:
Reply 786
Original post by vin

Falling into a coma upon looking at one's self in the mirror is pretty tragic. :sadnod:
:toofunny:
Original post by vin

I tend to think:

"My god, you are such a hairy beast!"
Reply 789
Original post by vin

Can't look for more than 12 seconds without turning myself on :K:
Reply 790

:sadnod:

:rofl:
morning :tee:

nothing better than watching anime with a nice cuppa tea to start the day :coma:
I agree with your brother. :yep: Another would be 'Hero' and 'Fearless'. :cute:

I love Chinese Martial Arts movies. :love:

not that much of a fan of Jet Li :redface: prefer Jackie Chan :colondollar: :biggrin:

same :five: not at much as when i was a kid though :mmm:
Good morning.

:sleep:
Reply 794
Tax is the bane of my existence. :sigh:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 796

Original post by Aiko
Tax is the bane of my existence. :sigh:

:console:
Reply 797

On the plus side, do you remember that design agency I was considering applying to? They've responded and have offered an interview. :smile:
So sleep deprived :yawn:

9-5 every thursday :argh:
Original post by Liquidus Zeromus
So sleep deprived :yawn:

9-5 every thursday :argh:

:wavey:

Latest