a question about accepting offers... Watch

This discussion is closed.
*skye*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Should the entry grades for your insurance choice be lower than your firm acceptance choice? What if they're roughly the same except one accepts General studies so that will be easier for you to meet? Cos im worried if i do this, and i dont meet the grades for either then im screwed...

Help!
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well you dont have to but it would be sensible for you to have an insurance with lower grades
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well it makes much more sense for your insurance offer to be easier to meet than your firm. Otherwise if you don't meet the conditions for your firm then you've lost on both counts, but if you do get the grades your insurance won't matter, even if it was a better uni.
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I guess the best piece of advice I could give is,

go firm on an offer you are 90% sure to meet given you work hard next year. and don't be discouraged if your choice uni gives you a 'high' offer. if you're really determined to get in, think it through and i'm sure with some sweat and blood you'll meet the grades and won't even have to worry about your insurance.

but to answer your question, your insurance SHOULD logically be either the same or lower than your firm. especially if you're talking about top unis with competitive courses.

take care!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (222)
61.16%
Yes- I don't like it (15)
4.13%
No- I want it (101)
27.82%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.89%

Watched Threads