The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get into uni by low grades

Can universities still give you offers if you're 1 grade below? I have BBB, would a university with a requirement of ABB give me an offer? This is probably such a dumb question, i should know the answer by now.
Original post by Anonymous
Can universities still give you offers if you're 1 grade below? I have BBB, would a university with a requirement of ABB give me an offer? This is probably such a dumb question, i should know the answer by now.

Yes, it's possible (and it's not a dumb question). It depends entirely on how many other applicants there are, and what grades they have. This will vary by course and university, as well as varying year by year.

Generally speaking, a course where the requirement is ABB is not going to be massively over-subscribed, meaning there's a decent chance of them accepting BBB.

If you name the course and uni, we can give you an idea of what grades they've accepted in the past.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Yes, it's possible (and it's not a dumb question). It depends entirely on how many other applicants there are, and what grades they have. This will vary by course and university, as well as varying year by year.

Generally speaking, a course where the requirement is ABB is not going to be massively over-subscribed, meaning there's a decent chance of them accepting BBB.

If you name the course and uni, we can give you an idea of what grades they've accepted in the past.

I was thinking about cardiff but they are a russel group but also surrey and Leicester?
Original post by Anonymous
I was thinking about cardiff but they are a russel group but also surrey and Leicester?

The list of universities which are members of the Russell Group are can be found at https://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/our-universities/. Cardiff is a member. neither Surrey nor Leicester are.

Note, also, that the Russell group was founded in order to market its members. It is not a guarantee of quality. The best university in the country (according to both The Times and The Guardian) is not a member of the Russell Group. According to The Complete University Guide, 40% of the top ten universities are not members of the Russell Group.

Above I said, "If you name the course and uni, we can give you an idea of what grades they've accepted in the past." Some courses at each of the universities you've mentioned will be more in demand than others. Also, if your BBB grades are predicted grades, note that not all universities use them when making offer decisions. For example, Cardiff don't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending