The Student Room Group

The "I FOUND it again!" thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TotoMimo

Snack Sandwich (the one that's got a kinda "Rich Tea" biscuit inside it):

I also recall at one point seeing another variant of the "Snack" range, many a year ago... in a magenta/burgundy coloured wrapper?

At any rate, I thought these had fallen by the wayside, but turns out they're big business after you've had... er... a swim!

I LOVE these! They only seem to sell them in Ireland, though I do remember a few years ago when they were around in England for a bit. I always buy tonnes to bring home with me when I go over!

Are you thinking of the waffer snack in the purple and pink wrapper? It's sortof like a timeout.
Reply 21
Gutted I've ran out of rep to give in this thread :frown:
Original post by xStaceyy

someone PLEASE tell me where i can buy these!
this thread made me research them cause i'd forgotten what they were called for like 8 years!!

What???? They exist in england, I love them!!!
I always made my mum send me a package from germany :biggrin:
I need to know where to buy them aswell!
Does this mean there are kinder pengui in england as well. If this is true, there would be no reason for me to stay in germany!:biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by snowyowl
TotoMimo, I have come to the conclusion that you like to discuss food. A lot.

Which isn't a bad thing :biggrin:

Food is my absolute passion (beyond videogame development/illustration), and I could talk food all day! Ironic that I suffer from a restrictive type of anxiety-based eating disorder... I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles, right?

Oh, man... cookies...
Reply 24
Oh, and before I forget - did you guys know THESE still existed?! I got them in Iceland! (Freezer shop, not country!)

Oh, and before I forget - did you guys know THESE still existed?! I got them in Iceland! (Freezer shop, not country!)

Aldi do their own brand variety too :yep:
Reply 26

Took some of these to a lecture and spent the whole 2 hours blowing amazing bubbles. :awesome:
Reply 27
Original post by Cybele

Took some of these to a lecture and spent the whole 2 hours blowing amazing bubbles. :awesome:

Speaking of which, I thought "Bubbaloo" were discontinued until I saw them in the Spar the other day. Same as Caramacs.

I reckon the Spar is like the last bastion that forgotten snacks go to in order to avoid extinction.

Spar is like Madagascar.
Reply 28

this thread made me research them cause i'd forgotten what they were called for like 8 years!!

Swear down they exist in English language as well? In other words they exist in the UK??? I'm from Germany and I always get them from Germany when I or someone of my friends goes there. PLEASE PLEASE if someone knows where to buy them, I'll give pos rep to you.

Original post by CoffeAddict
What???? They exist in england, I love them!!!
I always made my mum send me a package from germany :biggrin:
I need to know where to buy them aswell!
Does this mean there are kinder pengui in england as well. If this is true, there would be no reason for me to stay in germany!:biggrin:

Lol same here. I would also like to know if Pingui exists in UK as well. Anybody have any clues about this?

EDIT - Apparently you can buy it in the UK from http://www.backhaus.co.uk/ but the postage costs are massive. £8.30 for up to 9kg. (But still cheaper than going to Germany)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29

I reckon the Spar is like the last bastion that forgotten snacks go to in order to avoid extinction.

Spar is like Madagascar.

I was on a night out recently, and there is a Spar near the bus stop on the way home. I woke up the next day with like 4 Caramacs in my bag. :lol: I must've bought them to 'stock up', I thought I'd struck gold!
Reply 30
Original post by Cybele
I was on a night out recently, and there is a Spar near the bus stop on the way home. I woke up the next day with like 4 Caramacs in my bag. :lol: I must've bought them to 'stock up', I thought I'd struck gold!

Haha, brilliant!! The thing is, I'm not even fond of Caramacs, but because they were there I HAD to buy them! Why do we do that?

:love:
Tesco crisps. They vanished along with Tesco. Then, one day...
IT WILL CONTINUE
Sunny D :smile:
Reply 34
Haha, brilliant!! The thing is, I'm not even fond of Caramacs, but because they were there I HAD to buy them! Why do we do that?

Because biting into them brings a feeling of pure nostalgia. :biggrin: At least for me anyway!
Reply 35
:lolz:Never gave it much thought

They sell these, and many more varieties of Kinder in France where my family live, but I've never seen these ones in Britain.

They do these ones like the Kinder Maxi but with cereal, it's AMAZING.
Reply 37

Snack Sandwich (the one that's got a kinda "Rich Tea" biscuit inside it):

I also recall at one point seeing another variant of the "Snack" range, many a year ago... in a magenta/burgundy coloured wrapper?

At any rate, I thought these had fallen by the wayside, but turns out they're big business after you've had... er... a swim!

They sell these at my local Sainsbury's Cafe, I love them :3
Reply 38

Tbh I don't think anyone likes them. They're like the original Pokemon games; they were rubbish, but nostalgia demands we buy them.

Original post by killercow292
Sunny D :smile:

You found Sunny Delight? Tell me where.

Quick Reply

Latest