The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2800
Starting to lose faith in the "no news is good news" philosophy. Haven't heard from BarCap/CS in weeks and I know they've been doing interviews.
Nomura has pretty much ignored me - no test, no rejection, no interview
No update on the GS front either.
GS IBD Under Review.

Almost 100% certain it means nothing of consequence.
GS IBD Under Review.
Reply 2803
Hi, I'm hopefully going to LSE next year. Spring weeks seem really good even though that guy a few posts back thinks it's a chore because it eating up his holiday time. Muppet!
Is work experience a must for spring week? I have seen some mock numerical tests, but in reality how difficult are they?

Thanks
Received this email from UBS despite the fact that I completed the tests a few days ago...

Dear Candidate,

Many thanks for your recent application to the 2012 UBS Horizons Program.

You have recently been sent a link to the numerical and logical reasoning tests which you are required to pass to be considered for the next round. Although you have 7 days in which to complete these tests, you should be aware that we have now started screening applications. While you are welcome to take the full 7 days, we suggest that in order to ensure you have the best possible chance of securing a place on the program, you complete the testing by 5pm on Thursday 19th January.

Best of luck.

Campus Recruitment

Hmmm...:lolwut:
Reply 2805
despite probably getting 100% in MS numerical, rejection recieved.

Also, has anyone recieved an email from UBS asking reminding them to complete their tests depite taking them a while ago.

Begining to lose my faith in the likeminded people of EC1
Original post by sw3

Also, has anyone recieved an email from UBS asking reminding them to complete their tests depite taking them a while ago.

how do you know you got 100%??
Original post by Alpha5
Hi, I'm hopefully going to LSE next year. Spring weeks seem really good even though that guy a few posts back thinks it's a chore because it eating up his holiday time. Muppet!
Is work experience a must for spring week? I have seen some mock numerical tests, but in reality how difficult are they?

Thanks

You don't need any relevant work experience but its definitely benefiting, other EC could do just as well. Regarding the numerical, google Kenexa and SHL numerical and you will find some practice test. They are more or less the same as the numericals for the SW.
Reply 2808
Original post by sw3

MS seem to be sending rejections one by one rather than in batches, but I guess they're looking for something very specific and not just rejecting based on 1 piece of criteria.
Anyone heard from BoAML?
Reply 2810
Original post by Michael XYZ
Anyone heard from BoAML?

According to last year's thread we're gonna receive replies quite late in comparison to other banks. Think end of February.
Anyone heard from BoAML?

I'm pretty certain that I remember reading somewhere that they don't start screening/sending out decisions until after their deadline.
Hmm, well that's quite good news then? If they're gonna be end of February then surely we're not doing bad hearing now?

My only worry is places picking candidates who applied early. Apparently Nomura did that and is now full? I dunno whether that is true though.
Reply 2813
Hmm, well that's quite good news then? If they're gonna be end of February then surely we're not doing bad hearing now?

My only worry is places picking candidates who applied early. Apparently Nomura did that and is now full? I dunno whether that is true though.

Well, unless that email was some sort of 'wait, we still have yet to start recruiting' message or a weird way of rejecting people, then I think Nomura are certainly full and won't be taking anyone on board. But the absence of offer holders from TSR does seem to send mixed signals
is there anyone still waiting for nomura?? i submitted my app early december so far heard nothing not even test invitation :s-smilie:
Original post by thecodman
is there anyone still waiting for nomura?? i submitted my app early december so far heard nothing not even test invitation :s-smilie:

same....
Reply 2816
Original post by thecodman

same.

i know nobody who got a place on that programme. i'm still skeptical it has been filled up.

maybe there are like 5 places.
I haven't heard from anyone except from two places! :/
Original post by gangst
same.

i know nobody who got a place on that programme. i'm still skeptical it has been filled up.

maybe there are like 5 places.

lol yh my mate got rejected 2 weeks ago from nomura . think we just have to wait and hope for the best . positivity makes world go around :biggrin:
Reply 2819
Original post by sportycricketer
I haven't heard from anyone except from two places! :/
Better than hearing back from 7 telling you that you've been rejected lol

Latest

Trending

Trending