The Student Room Group

Residential category

Hi, I am not a UK citizen but a long residence (6+ years) in UK and my Dad is a skilled worker in UK. So what should I select under residential category for UCAS application ? Settled in UK or Other ?
Original post by sridharg8
Hi, I am not a UK citizen but a long residence (6+ years) in UK and my Dad is a skilled worker in UK. So what should I select under residential category for UCAS application ? Settled in UK or Other ?

Hi there,

When did you move to the UK, what is your nationality, what is your current status in the UK and how old are you? How long has your dad lived in the UK, what is his nationality and what is his current status in the UK?

Thanks, Drew

For UCAS - select Other - that will prompt your universities to get in touch with you for more information to determine your fee status.

SFE never have access to your UCAS application. You apply for finance to them directly
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

When did you move to the UK, what is your nationality, what is your current status in the UK and how old are you? How long has your dad lived in the UK, what is his nationality and what is his current status in the UK?

Thanks, Drew

Hi , Thanks for your reply. I am living in UK continuously from Sep 2017 to till date. Prior to that I was in UK two occations Mar 2012 to Apr 2014 and again Aug 14 to Apr 15 when my Dad worked here in UK under Intra Company Transfer visa. So by the time I join Uni in Sep 2024, I would have completed 7 years continuously in UK and I would have spent half of my age considering my previous stay in UK from Mar 2012. As per GOV.UK I come under long residence category. I am an Indian and my father has the visa till Oct 2027. Hope this gives some clarity. Can you suggest what I should select in the residential category ?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
For UCAS - select Other - that will prompt your universities to get in touch with you for more information to determine your fee status.

Thanks for your reply.
Hi , Thanks for your reply. I am living in UK continuously from Sep 2017 to till date. Prior to that I was in UK two occations Mar 2012 to Apr 2014 and again Aug 14 to Apr 15 when my Dad worked here in UK under Intra Company Transfer visa. So by the time I join Uni in Sep 2024, I would have completed 7 years continuously in UK and I would have spent half of my age considering my previous stay in UK from Mar 2012. As per GOV.UK I come under long residence category. I am an Indian and my father has the visa till Oct 2027. Hope this gives some clarity. Can you suggest what I should select in the residential category ?

Hi there,

How old are you and what is your current status in the UK. What is your fathers status in the UK and is your father also Indian?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

How old are you and what is your current status in the UK. What is your fathers status in the UK and is your father also Indian?

Thanks, Drew

Hi, Apologies for my late reply. I am 17 years and 10 months old , my current status - a dependant to my Father who has a skilled worker visa valid till Oct 2027 and he is also an Indian.
Hi, Apologies for my late reply. I am 17 years and 10 months old , my current status - a dependant to my Father who has a skilled worker visa valid till Oct 2027 and he is also an Indian.

Thank you and just to confirm is it an undergraduate course you're looking to start and will does the course begin? Thanks, Jason
Reply 8
Hi , My undergraduate course starts on Sep 2024.
Hi , My undergraduate course starts on Sep 2024.

Hi there,

Thanks, it sounds like Other is the option to go for right now.

Just in case you didn't know, the 24/25 applications are expected to open this Spring.

Once they do you can apply online.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Reply 10
Thank you
Thank you

You're welcome. Any further questions then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending