The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eco1234
that's crap. you get an email

I had lunch with the recruiter today - received a phone call later in the day inviting me to an interview - asking me which day I wanted and I was told that I would receive an email confirming the details.

What would I gain from lying about an interview invitation?
Reply 2981
Original post by eco1234
that's crap. you get an email

Have you forgotten that all the MDs there are pulling strings for him?! They wanted to let him know personally, not via email.
Reply 2982
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I had lunch with the recruiter today - received a phone call later in the day inviting me to an interview - asking me which day I wanted and I was told that I would receive an email confirming the details.

Oh, drop us out. Goon.
Reply 2983

no you didn't
LOL I did actually and just fyi there is such a thing as a free lunch.
Reply 2985

there's also such thing as a dry lunch --> you.
Reply 2986

Did the surname start with an L?

err...he told me you paid for it with that relieving blowjob under the table?

Anyway, he recommended you to me but if I wanted a dime-store hooker I'd go to Amsterdam.
Reply 2988
Original post by milanftw
i got GS IMD "under review"

and GS IBD "recieved"

i have no idea whats the difference, and i expect no answer whatsoever

I only applied to one division

Application under review for me. Good or bad news?
Reply 2989
Original post by TroTro
I only applied to one division

Application under review for me. Good or bad news?

Congrats.
I don't think these GS status changes mean much, having said that my GS securities app is under review.
Reply 2991
Application under review for me.

What does that mean?
Original post by TomasK
Congrats.

Thanks, but I'm not sure entirely what it means lol
Why are people so happy about being "under review"? Common, if you don't know what "under review" means you shouldn't be applying for any job let alone for a career in finance!
Under review means they're looking at it right. Review = to look at.
So, they look at your application and make a decision - I wouldn't have though "under review" indicates anything positive OR negative. They're just looking at your application like every other bank would lol...
My SEC one is under review. IMD one is received. The statuses mean what they say, not a hidden meaning for "an offer" or "an interview" - if you were to get either of those I'm sure the status would be updated to reflect it.
Original post by sam smith
Why are people so happy about being "under review"? Common, if you don't know what "under review" means you shouldn't be applying for any job let alone for a career in finance!
Under review means they're looking at it right. Review = to look at.
So, they look at your application and make a decision - I wouldn't have though "under review" indicates anything positive OR negative. They're just looking at your application like every other bank would lol...
My SEC one is under review. IMD one is received. The statuses mean what they say, not a hidden meaning for "an offer" or "an interview" - if you were to get either of those I'm sure the status would be updated to reflect it.

agreed
Reply 2995
Original post by natashabedford
Thanks, but I'm not sure entirely what it means lol

I was actually congratulating the fact that it was the 3000th message, haha. Though it's kinda weird that I replied to TroTro O.o Guessing you're the same person then.
Citi numerical invite
Reply 2997
Original post by TomasK
I was actually congratulating the fact that it was the 3000th message, haha. Though it's kinda weird that I replied to TroTro O.o Guessing you're the same person then.

ye its the same person - he has a few accounts. He's too koool for one account.
Reply 2998
Damn, interview with boutique has been deferred for one week. -.-
Reply 2999
DB final round interview, my first! There was no phone interview!

Latest

Trending

Trending