The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Okay. Hmm, worth an email at some point even if it doesn't change anything. Just to get some more definite news of whether that's it or what.

'Grats to people who got offers (no not you teeth, finish your GCSE Maths first).
Original post by Michael XYZ
Okay. Hmm, worth an email at some point even if it doesn't change anything. Just to get some more definite news of whether that's it or what.

'Grats to people who got offers (no not you teeth, finish your GCSE Maths first).

Definitely call. I called on Monday and they contacted me yesterday.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
STFU, you annoying prick.

Original post by Doughnuts!!

Yup, accepting it! So excited! Especially as my interviewer kept questioning why a Law student would want to do IB!

'Grats man, I'll see you there. :biggrin:

Haha I got exactly the same question about my subject! I'm feeling quite lucky because my GS app wasn't one of my strongest. Haven't heard from anywhere else though lol but can finally stop worrying.

Just to share some info that could be useful for applicants in the future:

Applied on 07/01/12 - 2 hours before the deadline.

Interview on 02/02/12 - Felt like a casual chat, most of it was talking through my CV, added a few of the typical comp questions.

Offer on 08/02/2012
(edited 12 years ago)
Does any1 think there is a chance of being given an offer without an interview ....for IBD lol
Original post by chanchan
Definitely call. I called on Monday and they contacted me yesterday.

Can you be a bit more specific? Who did you call/about what and what did they contact you with?
Reply 4346
Congratulations to all GS offers, not having had a call back myself after interview I suspect I won't receive an offer. I'd be interested in how you found your interviews. Competency-based? Technical? I found mine to be far more technical than I anticipated: we discussed why a company should issue equity to raise capital rather than debt, different equity/debt-ratios in a company and its implications, and other very intricate, at least for me, questions on corporate financing. Not a single question on my CV, one competency: "tell me about a time you failed". What was your experience?

Once again, congrats on your offers!
Original post by replay
Congratulations to all GS offers, not having had a call back myself after interview I suspect I won't receive an offer. I'd be interested in how you found your interviews. Competency-based? Technical? I found mine to be far more technical than I anticipated: we discussed why a company should issue equity to raise capital rather than debt, different equity/debt-ratios in a company and its implications, and other very intricate, at least for me, questions on corporate financing. Not a single question on my CV, one competency: "tell me about a time you failed". What was your experience?

u either didnt have an interview or this definately was not for IBD - every1's IBD interview was competency / friendly chat

Which division did you apply for?
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Haha I got exactly the same question about my subject! I'm feeling quite lucky because my GS app wasn't one of my strongest. Haven't heard from anywhere else though lol but can finally stop worrying.

Just to share some info that could be useful for applicants in the future:

Applied on 07/01/12 - 2 hours before the deadline.

Interview on 02/02/12 - Felt like a casual chat, most of it was talking through my CV, added a few of the typical comp questions.

Offer on 08/02/2012

Literally everything you said in this post applies to me.
Reply 4349
Original post by replay

I completely agree, mine was WAY more technical than I'd expected! I don't think I got asked one competency question at all. It was all very much current affairs, logic and technical things. However, don't lose hope yet! When I got my offer yesterday it sounded as though I was one of the earlier ones to hear so you might still be in luck!
Reply 4350
Original post by Norbertnorbert
Mine is still on 'application recieved' which must be even worse..

When did you apply? Does anyone think that the date of application makes a big difference? I am quite annoyed about GS...:frown:
The whole process is quite frustrating really. Would have appreciated the chance for an interview!
Reply 4351
Original post by course101
u either didnt have an interview or this definately was not for IBD - every1's IBD interview was competency / friendly chat

Which division did you apply for?

Why would I lie about having an interview? I applied for IBD, even got my interviewers card after the interview. It wasn't the same interviewer as announced in the e-mail though, if that makes any difference.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4352
Anyone receive a GS SEC offer today:frown:

Thanks
For those who got offers from BAML , do they call you or email you to tell you?
Is everyone's GS Spring Program on 10-20 April?
Original post by Salvius
When did you apply? Does anyone think that the date of application makes a big difference? I am quite annoyed about GS...:frown:
The whole process is quite frustrating really. Would have appreciated the chance for an interview!

My securities application is still under review and i applied 1 week or so before the deadline. I know people that have had interviews even though they applied hours before the deadline. Hopefully I get a chance to comminuate my qualities via an interview, and not just rejected because i go to a non target.....
Original post by Salvius

I dont think so, I applied in October and got an interview, similarly I know people who applied a few hours before the deadline and got an interview also.
Reply 4357
Original post by Ramin Gorji
My securities application is still under review and i applied 1 week or so before the deadline. I know people that have had interviews even though they applied hours before the deadline. Hopefully I get a chance to comminuate my qualities via an interview, and not just rejected because i go to a non target.....

Same...well a bit less than a week before. Yes...precisely. Not quite sure what differentiates applicants so much. What counts as a non target?
Is everyone's GS Spring Program on 10-20 April?

Yup!
Reply 4359
I dont think so, I applied in October and got an interview, similarly I know people who applied a few hours before the deadline and got an interview also.

Yeh, i figured...but was trying to give myself some hope! You got an offer?

Latest

Trending

Trending