The Student Room Group

OCR Salters Chemistry B F332 Advance Notice May 2011 Polymers on the move

Just thought that I would start a thread where you can post any queries and suggestions about the Advance notice booklet for May 2011.

The topics are:

* Sticky problems
* Bonding polyalkenes
* Scrap heap challenge
* Long term forecast

Please share possible question & answers!

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/prm/ocr_52652_prm_gce_unit_f332.pdf
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
This for AS?
Reply 4
Original post by navarre
This for AS?

Yup F332 is an AS exam
Reply 5
Feel free to join people!
Reply 6
Original post by Hanz_a93
Yup F332 is an AS exam

If it's for the actual exam, we haven't been given them yet. We've got an F332 exam at the end of April, and have therefore been given a mock booklet for it.

We're not going to get it till nearer the exam.
Reply 7
Original post by navarre
If it's for the actual exam, we haven't been given them yet. We've got an F332 exam at the end of April, and have therefore been given a mock booklet for it.

We're not going to get it till nearer the exam.

Yeah our school hasnt handed out the advance notice yet, i jus took it off the OCR website which published it yesterday. And yeah its for the actual exam, so the sooner you start reading through the article the better as you might not have enough time to study it properly later
Reply 8
WHat date is the F332 exam (out of interest), and the F331 exam?
Reply 9
Original post by navarre
WHat date is the F332 exam (out of interest), and the F331 exam?

Monday 23rd May PM= F331
Friday 27th May PM= F332
Reply 10
Monday 23rd May PM= F331
Friday 27th May PM= F332

Thank God, they're in the second week. In the first week, I have so many exams. Should give me more revision time.
Reply 11
Original post by navarre
Thank God, they're in the second week. In the first week, I have so many exams. Should give me more revision time.

Lol good for you. Iv'e got 4 exams in the 2nd week including the f332, fml >.<
Reply 12
I've got a few in second week (biology unit 2, classical civilisation unit 2, chemistry f331, chemistry f332), but I will really only revise that much for biology and chemistry.

Got this booklet today btw. Teacher said they'd use it in the mock instead of the mock booklet. So they'll give us mock questions on the real booklet.
tbh i dont understand the purpose of the advance notice.
can't it be a normal exam with just questions about topics we've revised for :P
our teachers have said nothing about this yet.
so how does it work?? just one question about any of the topics in the notice?? will the answers be in the notice or from our knowledge?
:biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Princess Kawaii
tbh i dont understand the purpose of the advance notice.
can't it be a normal exam with just questions about topics we've revised for :P
our teachers have said nothing about this yet.
so how does it work?? just one question about any of the topics in the notice?? will the answers be in the notice or from our knowledge?
:biggrin:

Well the old f332 spec was an open book exam, but since it did not meet some regulations they replaced it with the new f332 spec. They compromised it by reducing the content size & introducing the advance article which kind of acts like an open book exam for 20% of the paper. The paper is out of 100marks, the last 20 marks are based on the article. The examiners will ask you random questions related to the article hence they give it too you weeks before the exam to study independantly or with your class.
Well the old f332 spec was an open book exam, but since it did not meet some regulations they replaced it with the new f332 spec. They compromised it by reducing the content size &amp; introducing the advance article which kind of acts like an open book exam for 20% of the paper. The paper is out of 100marks, the last 20 marks are based on the article. The examiners will ask you random questions related to the article hence they give it too you weeks before the exam to study independantly or with your class.

The open book was really pointless. We were given an article which basically had the answers in and asked to write about that topic. Waste of time tbh so instead they give you an advanced relese to study and extended the Natural Resources exam by 15 mins to ask you questions on it.
Jan 11 f332 paper and mark scheme any1???
Reply 17
Lol good for you. Iv'e got 4 exams in the 2nd week including the f332, fml >.<

i have six.
Reply 18
has anyone been given any practice questions yet?
Reply 19
Original post by DoaaK
i have six.

lol gutted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending