The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Actually it stops students from the middles classes more. As the poorer class would be given grants etc. Whilst teh rich don't really care.

I was sure that poorer students would be given extended loans...i.e. extended debt!

Luv
Reply 121
Kuz
I was sure that poorer students would be given extended loans...i.e. extended debt!

Luv

No. A quick calculation shows us that after grants, EMA etc. The students only pays for around an extra £75 per year for thei course.
Reply 122
No. A quick calculation shows us that after grants, EMA etc. The students only pays for around an extra £75 per year for thei course.

Oh ok, you seem to know more than me on the situation...and what do u mena on the thread that I use to be nice...I still am jus like many others on this forum, I've got opinions and I'll be damned if I dont express them!
Reply 123
it sucks it gets thru with such a meagre majority, we were all watching it in our flat and just shouted at the tv when the verdict was read out. Oh well... maybe the Lords will deny the bills progress... and maybe pigs will fly :frown:
Reply 124
There is one thing that really irks me about this proposed system. You can get 2 people who went to the same university on the same course to get the same degree, who then end up in equally highly paid jobs.

But student A, whose parents are middle class, will have to pay more money back to pay of his/her loan than student B, who comes from a working class background and got grants.

How is that just?
Reply 125
Tednol
There is one thing that really irks me about this proposed system. You can get 2 people who went to the same university on the same course to get the same degree, who then end up in equally highly paid jobs.

But student A, whose parents are middle class, will have to pay more money back to pay of his/her loan than student B, who comes from a working class background and got grants.

How is that just?

And student C whose parents are upper middle class will also have a smaller debt, because he will have only had a minimum loan in the first place and his parents will have had to help out, also in many cases his parents will have been able to afford to pay his fees for him. :mad:

Its the better off working class/lower middle class ppl who lose out most. Mind you, I think you should be getting more agitated about student C than student B - there are many more of them!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending