The Student Room Group

civil services data analyst hmrc july 2023

Hi everyone. I have applied for data analyst job. I am desperate to get this job as i have a maths degree and i have been looking for something like this for ages. I have just submitted my personal statement. I have scored 38 % on judgemental test . it means more than 38 percent of people who applied and on feedback it says i have got the minimum requirement for the job and got 83% on numerical test. is it really bad the score for judgmental test. I have been working on my personal statement for 3 days and submitted it today and did as best i could . but i am so nervous now. Has anyone applied for this position or got the job with this low grade for judgmental test. whats next now. If i get called for interview . Is it going to be recorded like DWP as i did that last month and it sucked. Thanks for reading so far. any advice would be appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
As long as you passed, you've got a shot at the interview (based on how well you did the CV and personal statement bit also).
It's also 38% of everyone who's taken that test (it'll have been used for other roles in the past at this level).
Which location(s) did you apply for? Surprised this job didn't get more of a mention on TSR forums.
Reply 4
Original post by E-Stit
As long as you passed, you've got a shot at the interview (based on how well you did the CV and personal statement bit also).
It's also 38% of everyone who's taken that test (it'll have been used for other roles in the past at this level).
Which location(s) did you apply for? Surprised this job didn't get more of a mention on TSR forums.

Thankyou so much for the reply. it was the first job i applied and i am desperate for this one too. i should have practiced first with a different application i guess first. I am surprised too as i went through so many posts trying to figure out even someone has applied same post even for different area. I applied for manchester. Have you applied for same post too. Today was last day to apply so hopefully hear something soon . Thinking of getting to interview stage is daunting tooxx
Reply 5
Original post by Maria1711
Thankyou so much for the reply. it was the first job i applied and i am desperate for this one too. i should have practiced first with a different application i guess first. I am surprised too as i went through so many posts trying to figure out even someone has applied same post even for different area. I applied for manchester. Have you applied for same post too. Today was last day to apply so hopefully hear something soon . Thinking of getting to interview stage is daunting tooxx

Yeah, I applied for Bristol & Cardiff.. scored similar to you in the numerical (that score is now banked) and 50% on the judgement test (that one wasn't banked) so can always improve on the judgement test next time around.
I had applied for a similar job before they had the recruitment freeze, these jobs do seem to come up relatively regularly (but best of luck with this one!)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
Thankyou. Same to you. Please if you get an update msg me or drop a text here. I am so anxious xx
Reply 7
Hi everyone. I have applied for data analyst job. I am desperate to get this job as i have a maths degree and i have been looking for something like this for ages. I have just submitted my personal statement. I have scored 38 % on judgemental test . it means more than 38 percent of people who applied and on feedback it says i have got the minimum requirement for the job and got 83% on numerical test. is it really bad the score for judgmental test. I have been working on my personal statement for 3 days and submitted it today and did as best i could . but i am so nervous now. Has anyone applied for this position or got the job with this low grade for judgmental test. whats next now. If i get called for interview . Is it going to be recorded like DWP as i did that last month and it sucked. Thanks for reading so far. any advice would be appreciated.

Original post by E-Stit

As long as you pass you are considered as E-stit said I do not think it even gets used after that but don't quote me on that. Surprised as well not much traction for this. I got a last update on civil service job portal what about you guys?
Reply 8
I got the thumbs up for interveiw today, but can't book the slot just yet 👍
Reply 9
Hi, I have just booked my interview today, wasn't exactly sure where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.
Reply 10
Got invited for the interview today aswell. I applied for manchester. Any advice for the interview. Good luck for your interview . What did you score on ur cv and personal statement x
Got invited for the interview today aswell. I applied for manchester. Any advice for the interview. Good luck for your interview . What did you score on ur cv and personal statement x

I got 5 and 5, what about you? Also, good luck to you aswell.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 12
I got 5 and 6. I am really nervous about the interview as it asks to show using software to manage data. I dont know what kind of software. and the point about data quality assurance, validity and linkage. I worked so hard on my application and i am dreading the interview now.
Reply 13
I got 5 and 6. I am really nervous about the interview as it asks to show using software to manage data. I dont know what kind of software. and the point about data quality assurance, validity and linkage. I worked so hard on my application and i am dreading the interview now.

I think that the using software to manage data will be the task that they give us.. I got 5 and 4 in the application stage, so you both did really well 👌
Reply 14
Original post by E-Stit
I think that the using software to manage data will be the task that they give us.. I got 5 and 4 in the application stage, so you both did really well 👌

I havent got much experience with softwares. How are u preparing for the interview. Are they going to refer back to our cv and personal statement to cross check and explain more on experience or is this more technical based interview do u think.
Reply 15
Has anyone had there interview. How did it go?
Reply 16
I havent got much experience with softwares. How are u preparing for the interview. Are they going to refer back to our cv and personal statement to cross check and explain more on experience or is this more technical based interview do u think.

Maybe with the softwares, look up python, spss etc to have awareness, but the only one they've really expected you to know is excel based on essential criteria..
Also I don't think they look back at the CV part of it, focus on the essential criteria they've outlined and think of examples where you've done something related to that criteria.
Reply 17
Anyone here apply for 311 and 312 as well?
Reply 18
Original post by uhribe
Anyone here apply for 311 and 312 as well?

Were those the tax compliance officer roles?
Reply 19
Has anyone had their interviewed yet and if so how did it go?
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending