The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5340
#Does anyone know any good Anime games?
and had anyone here ever played Audition EU before?
Original post by SyedaK
and had anyone here ever played Audition EU before?

What gaming platform are you looking for? Most anime games will be fighting, the rest are RPG/adventure games...

If its the PS3/XBox then I'd give naruto ninja storm series a try. (Fighting, awesome)
Nearly all of the dragonball z games are awesome on every platform (fighting again)
One piece unlimited cruise (adventure/fighting on wii/DS/3DS/2DS)
There's a one piece game on the Xbox live store whose name I don't recall but is pretty good (fighting/adventure)
Naruto ninja council series is pretty good on the DS
Some bleach games are good but if you're looking for fighting games I'd recommend naruto or dragonball z
Dragonball origins 1 and 2 were really good on the DS (action/adventure with shortened versions of every dragonball episode in cutscenes )

Those are are the good games I'd recommend... If there's a specific anime that you'd like a game for give google a try and see if they have something good for it.

Hmm... Audition eu is defo not my type of game... Are you looking for games on PC? Or browser ones?
Reply 5342
Original post by GalaxygunnerX
What gaming platform are you looking for? Most anime games will be fighting, the rest are RPG/adventure games...

If its the PS3/XBox then I'd give naruto ninja storm series a try. (Fighting, awesome)
Nearly all of the dragonball z games are awesome on every platform (fighting again)
One piece unlimited cruise (adventure/fighting on wii/DS/3DS/2DS)
There's a one piece game on the Xbox live store whose name I don't recall but is pretty good (fighting/adventure)
Naruto ninja council series is pretty good on the DS
Some bleach games are good but if you're looking for fighting games I'd recommend naruto or dragonball z
Dragonball origins 1 and 2 were really good on the DS (action/adventure with shortened versions of every dragonball episode in cutscenes )

Those are are the good games I'd recommend... If there's a specific anime that you'd like a game for give google a try and see if they have something good for it.

Hmm... Audition eu is defo not my type of game... Are you looking for games on PC? Or browser ones?

Games on PC and browsers ones. More like adventure and Actions. Similar to legend of goku on GBA
Original post by SyedaK

The only games based on anime series I've played have been doujin games for the PC - Higurashi Daybreak and Rozen Maiden ALiBAT stuck out as my favourites, though Fatal Fake and Haruran 2 (can't find much info on the latter) were good too. Must have gotten those during my 1st or 2nd years of undergrad, around 2007-8 *feels nostalgic* I've not really looked into doujin games since then, aside from the browser-based Attack on Titan game I posted a video about a while back, but there's probably a whole load out there. :yes:

As for anime-style games that aren't based on any series, Carpe Fulgur have released three good ones in English (Recettear is probably one of my favourite PC games ever, and I should probably get around to finishing the other two). The only other one I've played is Cherry Tree High Comedy Club... which I wouldn't recommend highly. Too easy, and the 'localization' is painful - the game is obviously set in Japan, but the translation insists otherwise, and comes up with cringeworthy excuses for (or simply ignores) things like the cherry blossoms, shinto shrines and kimono. :s:
(edited 10 years ago)
What's everyone's top anime opening?
I don't mean just the song, I mean how well it fits the opening in general as in how it fits with the scenes while the song is in progress. =l

Mine below;

Spoiler

Original post by Scienceisgood
I don't mean just the song, I mean how well it fits the opening in general as in how it fits with the scenes while the song is in progress. =l

Mine below;

Spoiler

Haruka Kanata for Naruto Chunin Exam Opening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine below;

Spoiler

Not sure whether it's my favourite, but certainly the first one that springs to mind is the Maria Holic OP. A fantastic animation sequence, and the music fits it perfectly. :biggrin:

(edited 10 years ago)

The first two and the 5th from here!
As if the sig didn't give it away before you even saw the video :tongue:

[video="youtube;y4jkHr2MaRo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4jkHr2MaRo[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5348

I am not biased at all :p:

Spoiler

I just realised another opening that goes perfectly with it's animation. =P

Spoiler

Also, Yuuki, damn it, I don't know why but I love your avatar's animation! :^_^:
I tried when I joined TSR to get Tails (Miles Prower) winking but I then found out I couldn't add animated avatars (or any avatars) to TSR unless I subscribed. =(

I REALLY needed to get that off my chest! XD
Also, Yuuki, damn it, I don't know why but I love your avatar's animation! :^_^:
I tried when I joined TSR to get Tails (Miles Prower) winking but I then found out I couldn't add animated avatars (or any avatars) to TSR unless I subscribed. =(

You can *technically* change your avatar as a non-subscriber here, though the limits are very low (50 x 50 pixels, 25 KB). In fact, TSR even has pre-uploaded anime avatars available, though they're pretty bad (IMO), and all from older series (nothing newer than 2002/03, I'd guess, which is probably the last time they were updated). :p: I think the only ones I've ever seen anyone use are Kakashi from Naruto and Mizuho from Onegai Teacher!

So yeah, you might be better off finding your own. :giggle:
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone know where I can find the Blue Exorcist Illistration Booklet(s)?!
If I manage to find the booklet by itself, I will gladly buy the Region B blu ray coming out in the UK soon, IT IS THE MOST DESIRED THING for me in that limited edition! DX

Does this make me weird?
This is the only limited edition of any anime I want but it is so damn expensive!!!

I will buy everything else individually if I have to (Music CD and Blu Ray anime series) - I need that book, the art is so awesome!
Original post by AngryJellyfish
You can *technically* change your avatar as a non-subscriber here, though the limits are very low (50 x 50 pixels, 25 KB). In fact, TSR even has pre-uploaded anime avatars available, though they're pretty bad (IMO), and all from older series (nothing newer than 2002/03, I'd guess, which is probably the last time they were updated). :p: I think the only ones I've ever seen anyone use are Kakashi from Naruto and Mizuho from Onegai Teacher!

So yeah, you might be better off finding your own. :giggle:

Thanks AJ. =)

Snow fairy for fairy tail. It's just an amazing song that really sums up the show.
[video="youtube;tdrGjixAtKU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdrGjixAtKU[/video]

My favourite ending for an anime has to be from samurai champloo (the second ending)
Reply 5355
This one instantly came to mind.
Reply 5356

Thank you :biggrin: Although I can't remember where I got it from, think it was from Aiko but I am not sure :redface:

Also I just read a spoiler for the latest episode of SNK on youtube, why did I scroll down :-(
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
*does a quick search for posts that weren't replied to while he was away*

I watched School Rumble this weekend, and wouldn't call it ecchi. :p: Still, here's a few to consider. :smile:

B Gata H Kei

Love Hina

Gokusen

Hatsukoi Limited

Tenshi na Konamaiki

School Rumble is one of the best comedies I've ever watched. (maybe I havent watched that many anime to say that). Some funny moments with Kenji :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ioNonSono
School Rumble is one of the best comedies I've ever watched. (maybe I havent watched that many anime to say that). Some funny moments with Kenji :biggrin:

I've watched plenty of comedy series, and would still rate School Rumble highly. :yes: Have to say I preferred the manga, but that might just be because I read it first, so seeing the same jokes a second time around in the anime wasn't the same.
Original post by GalaxygunnerX
Snow fairy for fairy tail. It's just an amazing song that really sums up the show.
[video="youtube;tdrGjixAtKU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdrGjixAtKU[/video]

My favourite ending for an anime has to be from samurai champloo (the second ending)

Since you chose Fairy Tail - What's Your Opinion Of Rock City Boy?
That is the one Fairy Tail opening I can't stand! DX

Latest