Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Lame. :s: Still, good to know it's not just my account/computer playing up. :p:
    Mine is mostly fine, well it stays logged in for a few minutes, usually enough time to get whatever you were doing done. Then its logged out again.:hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    Mines being pretty spazzy with me too

Just waiting on two people now for the Secret Santa

EDIT: How do people wanna do this SS in terms of discussion? On A-P there appears to be virtually none and nobody is sharing the animes they received. I personally think this defeats the point, I think your options can be shared if you want (just not asking or telling about whose SS is whose)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Just waiting on two people now for the Secret Santa

EDIT: How do people wanna do this SS in terms of discussion? On A-P there appears to be virtually none and nobody is sharing the animes they received. I personally think this defeats the point, I think your options can be shared if you want (just not asking or telling about whose SS is whose)
    :hmmm: Tell them to whip those reindeer into action. :whip:

I was planning on posting about the choices I received, which one I went with and why, as well as my thoughts during/after watching it... though obviously I wouldn't mention anything about the choices I sent myself. :dontknow: Keeping it completely quiet would be boring. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: Tell them to whip those reindeer into action. :whip:

I was planning on posting about the choices I received, which one I went with and why, as well as my thoughts during/after watching it... though obviously I wouldn't mention anything about the choices I sent myself. :dontknow: Keeping it completely quiet would be boring. :sadnod:
    Santa has don't you worry they're on it now so if all goes to plan then choices should be released tomorrow evening.

Glad we're on the same wavelength then.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Father Christmas...

Please bring me a limited edition copy of Ao No Exorcist Part 1 and 2, or, if it is too expensive, the booklets within will be fine. =)

ReputationRep:
    ok so with the 3 choices, the receiver has to choose from the 3 which one to watch so not actually watching all 3? :hmmmm: damn :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    ok so with the 3 choices, the receiver has to choose from the 3 which one to watch so not actually watching all 3? :hmmmm: damn :p:
    Meh, I may watch two or three of mine, depending on what they are (or more importantly, how long they are).

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I may watch two or three of mine, depending on what they are (or more importantly, how long they are).
    me too, just wished i had made my choices a little more equal in terms of quality :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    You can watch as many as you like but at least try to watch one As for me, i'll try to watch all three if not then at least two...

ReputationRep:
    Right Secret Santa's have been submitted, i'll dish them out shortly
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Right Secret Santa's have been submitted, i'll dish them out shortly
    Awesome! I have tomorrow off work, so hopefully I'll be able to 'acquire' them tonight and get straight to it! :excited:

ReputationRep:
    So what did everyone get then?

I got:
    Seikon no Qwaser
    Welcome to the NHK
    Perfect Blue

A nice collection indeed, thank you santa shall watch all three I think.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    So what did everyone get then?

I got:
    Seikon no Qwaser
    Welcome to the NHK
    Perfect Blue

A nice collection indeed, thank you santa shall watch all three I think.
    :rofl: Beautiful.

Mine were:

Zero no Tsukaima F - I've seen three series of ZnT already, so know what to expect. Thanks for reminding me the fourth one existed, Santa!

Kill me Baby - I sampled the first episode when it first came out, and remember loving the OP, but not much else. :o: I barely picked up anything from the Winter '12 season in the end (which is when this and ZnT F aired), so it'll be good to fill in some of the gaps in my anime record.

Beelzebub - I was half expecting Bleach, Naruto or some other long shounen series to crop up, so thanks for picking a more manageable one! Quite highly rated too, and unlike the others I've not even seen the first episode, so this will be all new to me.

I think I'll start with Kill me Baby, as I could probably marathon that tomorrow, but I'll make an effort to get and watch the other two as well. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    My ones are:
    Jojos Bizarre Adventure (2012) ANIME
    Jojos Bizarre Adventure MANGA
    Hataraku Maou-Sama ANIME
    I think I'll be giving Hataraku a shot first. I'm going in blind with these serieses .

ReputationRep:
    Wow that last Little Busters ep' was so confusing :lol: I had a guess in my head what was going on though and after reading some minor VN spoilers from MAL I think i'm right. Either way this series is just getting ever more mysterious :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    i got

Angel Beats
    Steins;Gate
    Deadman Wonderland

:yeah:

had them on want to watch list for a while, now i can finally start watching them :p:

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: I wonder who sent these.
    Graveyard of the fireflies
    Nichijou
    Spice and wolf

ReputationRep:
    Choice 1: Hourou Musuko
    Choice 2: Record of Lodoss War (the original OVA, not the '98 TV sequel)
    Choice 3: Kaiji

First one seems REALLY weird, not sure if I'm ready for it :p: Will definitely be watching Kaiji, since it relates to my own interest. Record of Lodoss War also looks really good
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    :hmmm: I wonder who sent these.
    Graveyard of the fireflies
    Nichijou
    Spice and wolf
    You haven't seen those before!? :zomg:

I'm half way through the first of my three (Kill Me Baby)... and I remember why I didn't pick it up myself now. The jokes were getting repetitive before the end of the first episode - and amazingly, it's barely changed the formula in the six eps that followed. :s: Wouldn't be so bad if it had more characters, even interactions with minor/background characters would be better than two (occasionally three) girls trolling each other in the same way over and over again...

...apologies, mystery Santa, I've just seen better examples of this genre (Azumanga Daioh, Minami-ke and Nichijou spring to mind). Am still looking forward to the other two choices, and if my opinion on Kill Me Baby changes in the second half, I'll post about it.

ReputationRep:
    :hahaha: vin

sad ep of Naruto :sad:

dont think i'll be able to start anything until the weekend, Steins;Gate first probs :teeth:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.