The Student Room Group

How do I go about buying my own island?

Scroll to see replies

lol
Anyone can live on Lewland

To apply- I will send you a questionnaire

If you pass the questionnaire stage you will then be given an interview

If you pass the interview, my agents will then secretly follow you and your family around for 6 months, to make surre you are suitable

If you pass this stage, you will be able to move to Lewland

I will be King.
Reply 22
Original post by amsie/

Original post by amsie/
Yeah :smile: I'd like to just move to a place without loads of people everywhere (I don't think I could ever afford it :frown:)
Minus the sex parties ofc. + Lots of sun :biggrin:

No perves/ guys allowed I'm afraid or I'd have to put all my clothes back on.

:sexface: mmhhmmmm. Technology is a wonderful thing.

Anybody know if
i can buy the hubble telescope?
Google "buy an island" and you'll get a load of websites selling them.

Remember that most (if not all) are still under the duristiction of one country or another, you just buy the lease; if you're thinking about declaring independence that will void your contract & you'll have to defend it from being reclaimed.
Original post by Lewroll
You wont be allowed on my island.

I dont want an island with stinky people anyway. :eviltongue:
Original post by Lewroll
I am serious, why isn't anyone helping me?

If everyone on TSR donated £20, could we buy an island?

I'm in! :cool:
Original post by Lewroll
WOW! Is that legit?

That canadian island is only $2.95 million, that doesnt seem that expensive.

View them by price. You can pick up an island for as little as $30,000.

Would love to know what postal/ZIP code you'd get.
Original post by Lewroll
Anyone can live on Lewland

To apply- I will send you a questionnaire

If you pass the questionnaire stage you will then be given an interview

If you pass the interview, my agents will then secretly follow you and your family around for 6 months, to make surre you are suitable

If you pass this stage, you will be able to move to Lewland

I will be King.

Hehe.
Original post by History-Student
Google "buy an island" and you'll get a load of websites selling them.

Remember that most (if not all) are still under the duristiction of one country or another, you just buy the lease; if you're thinking about declaring independence that will void your contract & you'll have to defend it from being reclaimed.

I see. I don't want to buy one off the internet, it will probably be a scam.

So, I will have to establish an army first? And then start a civil war? That seems like a fitting way to start the grand history of Lewland.
Reply 29
Lewland? :rofl2: Don't you mean Lameland. :colonhash:
Original post by DarkWhite
View them by price. You can pick up an island for as little as $30,000.

Would love to know what postal/ZIP code you'd get.

I would be willing to pay over $50million for a decent island. That seems reasonable.
Original post by failingatm
Lewland? :rofl2: Don't you mean Lameland. :colonhash:

You jelly bro?

If you were still a girl you could have been my queen :colonhash:
Reply 32
Original post by Lewroll
I am going to be making so much money.

You're going to become a gigolo?
In the olden days I could have just sailed over to a nice Island and slaughtered all the natives and then claimed the island as my own.
Original post by Lewroll
I see. I don't want to buy one off the internet, it will probably be a scam.

So, I will have to establish an army first? And then start a civil war? That seems like a fitting way to start the grand history of Lewland.

Well you're not exactly going to be using Paypal to buy it, so they probably aren't a scam.

And yes you would. Remember that until the war was won you'd have to be self sufficient because I can't see you getting much international support & you'd have to come up with some sort of gold reserve otherwise you'll have no economic power on the world stage & be broke very soon (trust me mercenaries aren't cheap, I found that out the hard way).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by aeterno
You're going to become a gigolo?

Don't be daft. A gigolo can't afford an island. A pimp however...
Reply 36
But who's going to protect you from Jack (out Lord of the Flies) coming along, killing you and then burning the whole island down? Nobody!
You can buy an island but cannot claim it as your own country because it will be under certain laws depending on where it is. I was actually thinking of buying an island the other day :P

If you did claim it as your own country then you will probably get invaded and end up losing the land anyway.
Original post by History-Student
Well you're not exactly going to be using Paypal to buy it, so they probably aren't a scam.

And yes you would. Remember that until the war was won you'd have to be self sufficient because I can't see you getting much international support & you'd have to come up with some sort of gold reserve otherwise you'll have no economic power on the world stage & be broke very soon (trust me mercenaries aren't cheap, I found that out the hard way).

Oh I am not worried about that. I will buy an island which has lots of fruit on it. I will then import farm animals from Britain. I will also plant crops. We will be able to look after ourselves until the war is over.

If I formed an alliance with another country, such as Cuba, we would be able to defeat our enemies very swiftly. We would then set up the Lewland-Cuba trading initiative.

I am sure many people around the world will want to live on and defend Lewland.
Original post by abracadabra.
I'm in! :cool:

Do you think we should be a dictatorship or a democracy? You can be second in command of the Royal Army of Lewland.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending