The Student Room Group

anyone else play the Sims 4?

I was a bit late to the party but I got the Sims 4 last year and have been hooked addicted ever since :awesome:

Anyone else play? How many hours have you played it do you reckon? :biggrin:

Does anyone use/play with the expansion packs and would you recommend any? I'm thinking I might wait until they go on sale on Steam but I might be waiting until Black Friday now :hmmm: thinking of getting Seasons and possibly Cottage living or one of the school/uni packs.

idk expansions feels like I'm a kid in a sweet shop :lol:
Sims 3 is better, although I understand that Sims 4 runs on much weaker hardware. I have spent hundreds on the Sims 3, whoops.
Original post by random_matt
Sims 3 is better, although I understand that Sims 4 runs on much weaker hardware. I have spent hundreds on the Sims 3, whoops.

It's on my Steam wishlist :thumbsup: that one does seem to have much more choice/options and things to do in the game compared to S4 when I was looking at gameplay on youtube :colondollar:
Original post by Chronoscope
It's on my Steam wishlist :thumbsup: that one does seem to have much more choice/options and things to do in the game compared to S4 when I was looking at gameplay on youtube :colondollar:

I want to know more about life by you from paradox.
I have Cottage Living and Seasons, they are both good although I'd never pay full price for an expansion pack lol. I also have City Living (worth it if you want to live in a flat), Get to Work (only worth it if you are interested in the new career paths it adds), Cats and Dogs (have never really used but my sibling shares the account and loves it), Island Living (I love this one but I feel like it's supposed to be combined with Eco Lifestyle which I don't have yet) and Jungle Adventure (I enjoyed but my sibling feels like there isn't enough to it). Honestly all the DLC is so expensive even on offer but if you're playing it a lot then it can be worth it :smile: Idk how many hours I have, it's one of those games I play solidly for a week then forget about for months
Reply 5
ahah this is a super cool game, but be careful, it's addictive :smile:
I don't play it now, but I used to be able to play it all day long... Ohhh that was cool!
I have Sims 3 and 4, but the DLC can be an absolute rip-off. I always wait for the Steam sales and even then I am very picky about which DLCs I get. Cities Skylines seems to be getting a bit like that of late as well.
Reply 7
Original post by Chronoscope
I was a bit late to the party but I got the Sims 4 last year and have been hooked addicted ever since :awesome:

Anyone else play? How many hours have you played it do you reckon? :biggrin:

Does anyone use/play with the expansion packs and would you recommend any? I'm thinking I might wait until they go on sale on Steam but I might be waiting until Black Friday now :hmmm: thinking of getting Seasons and possibly Cottage living or one of the school/uni packs.

idk expansions feels like I'm a kid in a sweet shop :lol:

Yeah I play sims 4 sometimes. I’ve played around 100 hours on ps.
Decided to platinum it to get all trophy’s.

Anyway I’d say expansion packs are fun however if u buy one be prepared to buy another. If u buy uni pack expect to want to buy high school pack as well and more (I didn’t but exactly what I wanted to do). That’s my thoughts on buying packs 🙃

Quick Reply

Latest