The Student Room Group

How do I go about buying my own island?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by no-fat-chicks
You can buy an island but cannot claim it as your own country because it will be under certain laws depending on where it is. I was actually thinking of buying an island the other day :P

If you did claim it as your own country then you will probably get invaded and end up losing the land anyway.

I will be prepared to wage a civil war to win the rights to my island.
Reply 41
Original post by Lewroll
Don't be daft. A gigolo can't afford an island. A pimp however...

You devil, you. :sexface:

I'm going to take over your island, btw :colonhash:
Got a couple for sell. PM me and I'll give you a good price. :smile:
Original post by aeterno
You devil, you. :sexface:

I'm going to take over your island, btw :colonhash:

You and what army? My island will attract the richest and most powerful people on the planet (as they will want to live in paradise). Our economy will be massive, we will have one of the most sophisticated defence system in the world. You wont stand a chance.

Once I have destroyed your army, you and I can make love on one of my several beaches.
Original post by Lewroll
When I am old and fat and rich I want to buy my own island somewhere sunny and awesome. I then want to get my island turned into a country. How do I buy an island? They don't seem to sell them at any of my local supermarkets? Would I have to ring up the current owner of the island and ask them if it is for sale.

How would I get my island (Lewland) turned into a country?

I will be in charge, possibly as king.

This is a serious question.

Has anyone else ever wanted an island?

Oh my GOD! What you said, is what goes on in my mind. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Like Palm Island. Aaah....
I'm going to be a billionaire by the age of 20....:biggrin:
Original post by Lewroll
I will be prepared to wage a civil war to win the rights to my island.

It wouldn't really be a civil war. For example, if the island was American property, you'd be able to buy it but if you started your own country (with your own laws etc) then You will probably face a war with America.
Reply 47
Original post by Lewroll
You and what army? My island will attract the richest and most powerful people on the planet (as they will want to live in paradise). Our economy will be massive, we will have one of the most sophisticated defence system in the world. You wont stand a chance.

Once I have destroyed your army, you and I can make love on one of my several beaches.

Ok. Deal. :colonhash:
Original post by Ree-Ree-Real:p
Oh my GOD! What you said, is what goes on in my mind. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Like Palm Island. Aaah....
I'm going to be a billionaire by the age of 20....:biggrin:

Great minds think alike.

Perhaps you could buy the neighbouring island. We could then set up a trade system.

Also, how do you intend to make your billions?
Original post by Lewroll
Great minds think alike.

Perhaps you could buy the neighbouring island. We could then set up a trade system.

Also, how do you intend to make your billions?

YEAH. Great idea! Then we could make our own continent, call it Lewana! :biggrin: (Beginning of your first name, end of my surname!!!!!!)

I'm still thinking about that......:colondollar: Any ideas? After all, you must be thinking about that too....Time's running out. I only have five more years!!
Original post by no-fat-chicks
It wouldn't really be a civil war. For example, if the island was American property, you'd be able to buy it but if you started your own country (with your own laws etc) then You will probably face a war with America.

I doubt the USA will be willing to go to war for a tiny piece of land? Would they? Also if citizens of other nations are occupying the island alongside me, then if the USA invade and kill a, for example, british citizen, then I may have Britain on my side as well :biggrin:

Or I could befriend Obama and he could gift me the island :biggrin:
Reply 51
Original post by Lewroll
You jelly bro?

If you were still a girl you could have been my queen :colonhash:

:naughty: What have I said about this homosexual flirting?
YEAH. Great idea! Then we could make our own continent, call it Lewana! :biggrin: (Beginning of your first name, end of my surname!!!!!!)

I'm still thinking about that......:colondollar: Any ideas? After all, you must be thinking about that too....Time's running out. I only have five more years!!

I don't think its possible to make your own continent ¬_¬

However nobody has claimed Antarctica yet!

Hang on! You are only 15?! You are still a child....Hmmm...when I get my island I will change the legal age to 15 :colonhash:
Original post by Lewroll
I doubt the USA will be willing to go to war for a tiny piece of land? Would they? Also if citizens of other nations are occupying the island alongside me, then if the USA invade and kill a, for example, british citizen, then I may have Britain on my side as well :biggrin:

Or I could befriend Obama and he could gift me the island :biggrin:

A British Citizen on your island would be repatriated if you declared war on whoever used to own the island.

If they stay with you voluntarily they must surrender their former citizenship and claim a Lewladish passport, meaning you get no backup.
Original post by failingatm

Love the avatar, Failure! :biggrin:
Original post by failingatm

Sex changes wont be allowed on my island, so you are not welcome :mad:
Original post by Lewroll
I don't think its possible to make your own continent ¬_¬

However nobody has claimed Antarctica yet!

Hang on! You are only 15?! You are still a child....Hmmm...when I get my island I will change the legal age to 15 :colonhash:

Hold on. Hold on. I was referring to both of our islands (countries to be) making a small continent!

So what if I'm 15, eh? :biggrin: I am NO child, thank you very much. You sound like my mum. Are you that old. :wink: Jokes. Legal age for what?
Original post by History-Student
A British Citizen on your island would be repatriated if you declared war on whoever used to own the island.

If they stay with you voluntarily they must surrender their former citizenship and claim a Lewladish passport, meaning you get no backup.

Hmm, but say british citizens were purposefully killed by the army of another country (for example, Libya) would that be reasonable grounds for britain to declare a war?
Reply 58
Love the avatar, Failure! :biggrin:

HIS NAME WAS ROBERT PAULSON, HIS NAME WAS ROBERT PAULSON. Thanks. :love:

Original post by Lewroll
Sex changes wont be allowed on my island, so you are not welcome :mad:

:angry: Did I say I wanted to go on your lame ass island anyway? NO.
Hold on. Hold on. I was referring to both of our islands (countries to be) making a small continent!

I see. Perhaps we could buy several islands within the area.

So what if I'm 15, eh? :biggrin: I am NO child, thank you very much. You sound like my mum

Your mother is a very wise woman :colonhash:
Are you that old. :wink:

I'm 18, but I have big plans for the future
Legal age for what?

:perv:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending