The Student Room Group

How do I go about buying my own island?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by failingatm

:angry: Did I say I wanted to go on your lame ass island anyway? NO.

You are a peasant, you wouldn't be able to afford to live there anyway. Now, be gone!
Original post by Lewroll
Hmm, but say british citizens were purposefully killed by the army of another country (for example, Libya) would that be reasonable grounds for britain to declare a war?

It might, but I can't see it happening. For a single island ruled by a despotic nutter they'd probaly just take everyone as a PoW and sort them out later, rather than a full blown invasion.
Original post by Lewroll
I see. Perhaps we could buy several islands within the area.

Your mother is a very wise woman :colonhash:

I'm 18, but I have big plans for the future

:perv:

Yup. Decided:biggrin: The climate has to be good. :wink:

No. My mum thinks I'm a child, because she's old enough to say so. You're ONLY three years older than me. No big deal.

....Silence.....OK, then. I hope you're not like that in real life. :wink:
Reply 64
Original post by Lewroll
You are a peasant, you wouldn't be able to afford to live there anyway. Now, be gone!

:plz2: What island? Newsflash: THERE IS NO ISLAND. You're never going to have one. :colone:

The island used to have a little house built on it, the only thing that remains from that is the septic tank and the toilet bowl, a throne at the highest point of the island.

:rofl:

Good choice.

The Isla Gatun? It seems a bit small for my needs :colonhash:

But at $30,000 it is a good price. Cheaper than a house :biggrin:
:plz2: What island? Newsflash: THERE IS NO ISLAND. You're never going to have one. :colone:

Please don't EVER tell me that. It would physically break me down.
Most (if not all) islands which are for sale still come under the rule of a certain country. You're just purchasing the land really so, unfortunately for you, you won't be able to turn it into a fully fledged country. Although you may be interested in this.
Original post by History-Student
It might, but I can't see it happening. For a single island ruled by a despotic nutter they'd probaly just take everyone as a PoW and sort them out later, rather than a full blown invasion.

I am not a nutter, I am a genius.

A full blow invasion would be foolish, my island will be tiny, larger than the Vatican city of course, but still small. They would be wise to surrender the island to me, otherwise they could be looking at world war 3, especially if I get the russians on my side.

I will have one! You are just like the rest of humanity, so simple minded, not able to look at the bigger picture, unable to reach your full potential. I will not spend my life under the thumb of the british government. I will escape, and start my own paradise.

I just have to make some monies first.
Reply 71
Original post by Ree-Ree-Real:p
Please don't EVER tell me that. It would physically break me down.

:console: You'll get an island, but not Lewroll.
Original post by Lewroll
The Isla Gatun? It seems a bit small for my needs :colonhash:

But at $30,000 it is a good price. Cheaper than a house :biggrin:

True that. :wink:
Reply 73
Share it with me please! :smile:
my dad bought a part of The World Islands in Dubai (back when they were cheap), which technically is an island
Reply 75
I already have an Island. I called it Africa.

Left it in a bad state though :erm:
Original post by Lewroll
I am not a nutter ... they could be looking at world war 3, especially if I get the russians on my side.

You sure you're not insane? Coz it sounds like you are :tongue:
Original post by LiamTheKook
Most (if not all) islands which are for sale still come under the rule of a certain country. You're just purchasing the land really so, unfortunately for you, you won't be able to turn it into a fully fledged country. Although you may be interested in this.

I understand that I may have to wage a war to get what I want. I am willing to do what has to be done.

Also, I will not be a member of the EU or the united nations. However my country will have friendly links with several other MEDCs around the world.
:console: You'll get an island, but not Lewroll.

You 're just a little fish. I am a big fish. I will have my island goddamit.

We will be secular by the way, however there will be freedom of religion.
Original post by im so academic
True that. :wink:

Once we have a reasonably sized population (around 2000 inhabitants) we can set up our own university. We will then invite the greatest academics in the world to teach at this university. Thus our university will shoot up the global rankings and receive a large amount of funding. This will mean more students will want to live on my island, so more people will live on the island, and our economy will grow.

You can be in charge of the university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending