The Student Room Group

Spending 6 years at college! Colleges funds over what is best for their students.

I know someone who has been at college for 5 years...

After GCSEs:

BTEC Forensic Science [1 year]
Travel and tourism[1 year]
BTEC public services[1 year]
law(not sure what type of course)[1 year]

Applies to university+got rejected from where she wanted to go so college "reccommended" she does :

Legal studies foundation degree ( 2 years long!)

Which she is going to do.

Basically she takes the colleges "advice" at the end of each year as to what would benefit her in wanting to be a policewomen...

Anyway, my point is that colleges are so benefited by "bums on seats" as they get paid per person that they will often, at the students expense give them advice that isn't for the best for the person.. This is what happens when colleges etc become too competitive against others and in need of cash..With this increasing in future, and also universities facing the same problems this is only going to get worse..

I mean she could have completed her degree and gained a masters if she'd have done A levels and a degree...

As an extra point: by doing the 2 year foundation degree at the college she will have to pay the 2012 6-9k fees instead of the current rate fees she would have paid if she had accepted the other offers instead of been "advised" by her "advisor" at her college...

Thoughts?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Thread too boring, did not read.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending