The Student Room Group

funding for year 13 resit

I want to resit year 13, my a level grades have never been good and admittedly i haven’t been the best student due to stress etc and my attendance isn’t great. My school isn’t willing to fund my resit which would cost £6000 if i were to pay for it, I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if there are any types of funding or loans I can use to help me with this. Thank you
omg are resits that expensive:confused:
Original post by milliep0602
I want to resit year 13, my a level grades have never been good and admittedly i haven’t been the best student due to stress etc and my attendance isn’t great. My school isn’t willing to fund my resit which would cost £6000 if i were to pay for it, I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if there are any types of funding or loans I can use to help me with this. Thank you

They won't let you repeat the year as in sit the year again as most schools usually do?
Reply 3
Original post by jessdarlinnn
They won't let you repeat the year as in sit the year again as most schools usually do?

Yeah, I’ve been told there’s no funding for either me or the school
Yeah, I’ve been told there’s no funding for either me or the school

Try other schools or colleges? If not grind this summer to earn money to resit but it shouldn't cost 6k, pretty sure it's less than that. You'd need to find a centre
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 5
Same situation as you, just the year above. I'm going to be using an online tutor and then just paying for local retake at a local exam centre. Good idea to save up as much as you can. Feel free to dm

Very confused as to why it costs 6 grand? Why don’t you just go to college and resit them instead

Quick Reply

Latest