The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine Graduate Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Loosy
That sounds like a pretty accurate description of me as well!

I'm not sure what I'll wear yet. Probably just a blouse and black trousers, I don't have a proper suit or anything that I could wear.

we'll all probably be shaking like leaves! I literally feel sick just thinking about it but hopefully we'll pull our selves together on the day!

I've got a dress, then gunna go for blazer, tights and heels with it, just hoping i dont fall flat on my face in the interview trying to totter around in heels haha!
Original post by stacey27
we'll all probably be shaking like leaves! I literally feel sick just thinking about it but hopefully we'll pull our selves together on the day!

I've got a dress, then gunna go for blazer, tights and heels with it, just hoping i dont fall flat on my face in the interview trying to totter around in heels haha!

Im just going for 'work' gear. i.e. black trousers and a smart top!

No doubt at least some of us will be in the same group interview, lets promise to be team players and help each other out :smile:

Im tall with brunette hair also shaking like a leaf!
Reply 202
Yay for the tall people! All my friends are short so I tend to feel like a bit of a giant, lol.
Is the 25th just for grad interviews? It seems that way so far.
Reply 203
Oh my word it sounds like you are all going to be towering above me! I'm so scared but I have an exam this week so focusing very hard on that first. If I worry too much I know it will get to me so I'm just trying to treat it as a nice day out to Camden. At least I know there will be others shaking along with me :biggrin:
Original post by stacey27
ooh thats the same as mine, I'll see you there; I'll be the really tall one with blonde hair, shaking like a leaf :wink:

I have an exam on the 23rd then its my 22nd birthday on the 27th (hopefully a happy one) so I've got a busy week too!!

I'm going through my personal statement and making sure I know everything about everything I've mentioned, other than that I've no idea how to prepare, I'm terrified though!! how are you preparing??

I'm going to be a massive girl now and ask...what are you planning on wearing for the interview? got to get my prorities right! :colondollar:

yea is was going to do PS and generally know my work experience in detail, but then for the things they mentioned in the email i have no clue!! I think im just going to have to wing it! Godd, never the best plan that, is it! haha. Also never had a group interview type thing before..!

Clothes wise (aka onto the important thing!) im thinking either a black skirt, tights and flats with a red smart jumper top thing, orr if i can find one i like a nice dress, probs belted at the waist with a blazer and flats. Time for some online shopping i think :wink:

I will be the short nervous one with short brown hair. Probably very wrapped up in coat etc because i am a coldy!
Reply 205
got rejected by nottingham :frown:
Reply 206
Original post by schizopear
got rejected by nottingham :frown:

Me too :frown:
I was expecting it but I'm kind of sad because I did my degree there. I feel like they don't like me any more :frown: lol
Original post by Loosy
I was expecting it but I'm kind of sad because I did my degree there. I feel like they don't like me any more :frown: lol

Oh no you poor people :frown: Notts really doesnt like grads. You have to be all singing all dnacing to get in there when you have a degree under your belt. I didnt even bother applying in the end and concentrated all my efforts on RVC (only time will tell if this was a wise move :s-smilie:)
Reply 208
Original post by Eevee13
Oh my word it sounds like you are all going to be towering above me! I'm so scared but I have an exam this week so focusing very hard on that first. If I worry too much I know it will get to me so I'm just trying to treat it as a nice day out to Camden. At least I know there will be others shaking along with me :biggrin:

I'm treating it as an open day just with more questions directed at me because I haven't been to the Camden campus before. I'm looking forward to having a look around.
I'm meeting up with a friend who's at UCL afterwards as well so she will have the job of calming me down haha.
Reply 209
Original post by Loosy

He just wondering what degree you did at Notts and when you finished?
Reply 210
Original post by sophie_aj
He just wondering what degree you did at Notts and when you finished?

I did Zoology and graduated in July last year!
Reply 211
Original post by Loosy
I did Zoology and graduated in July last year!

Cool, I was an Animal Scientist but graduated in 2009!
Cool, I was an Animal Scientist but graduated in 2009!

are you applying to both RVC accelerated and 5year? I just noticed on the thread your on both sections. Have you got interviews for either yet? I know they said not to on the RVC website but I was curious if they wouldnt realise and interview you twice! Two attempts at a place would be SO helpful! I wish I could have like a practice interview or something lol
Reply 213
Original post by Phoenix_147
are you applying to both RVC accelerated and 5year? I just noticed on the thread your on both sections. Have you got interviews for either yet? I know they said not to on the RVC website but I was curious if they wouldnt realise and interview you twice! Two attempts at a place would be SO helpful! I wish I could have like a practice interview or something lol

Oh dear that's a mistake - I only applied for graduate but was rejected - sorry i havn't updated that! I was pretty much expecting a rejection as BMAT was tragic this time (although they didn't specify a reason for rejection). I had an interview a few years back there but the format has changed since so can't offer any advice! Good luck if you've got one.
Original post by Phoenix_147

DO RVC ever actually offer 4 year course applicants a place on the 5 year course? I know they say that might happen after interview etc but im somewhat skeptical!

Does anyone have any idea how many grads have applied for how many places to RVC this year?

On a different note, did anyone get a reply to their interview response form? Ive had nothing so may ring to check?
Original post by cornish_pasty
DO RVC ever actually offer 4 year course applicants a place on the 5 year course? I know they say that might happen after interview etc but im somewhat skeptical!

Does anyone have any idea how many grads have applied for how many places to RVC this year?

On a different note, did anyone get a reply to their interview response form? Ive had nothing so may ring to check?

It definitely happens for the American students (and actually my friend got offered 4 year and opted for 5 year!) but I don't know of any UK students who apply for G&T and get offered 5 year, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen though!

isnt the 5year course offered to those who dont quite meet the entry requirements with their first degree? i.e it wasnt scientific enough so they offer you the 5year course so you have more sciencey education?? I could be completely wrong though!
Oh dear that's a mistake - I only applied for graduate but was rejected - sorry i havn't updated that! I was pretty much expecting a rejection as BMAT was tragic this time (although they didn't specify a reason for rejection). I had an interview a few years back there but the format has changed since so can't offer any advice! Good luck if you've got one.

Lol thats alright! I thought it might have been a mistake but I thought I would ask anyway. Im sorry to hear about your rejection :frown: I discovered that the general trend was that you had to get over 5 in section 2 and then sort of half marks in the other 2 sections of BMAT. I think RVC like highish grades in the second section. Thats what they told me when I got rejected last year at least
Reply 218
yea is was going to do PS and generally know my work experience in detail, but then for the things they mentioned in the email i have no clue!! I think im just going to have to wing it! Godd, never the best plan that, is it! haha. Also never had a group interview type thing before..!

Clothes wise (aka onto the important thing!) im thinking either a black skirt, tights and flats with a red smart jumper top thing, orr if i can find one i like a nice dress, probs belted at the waist with a blazer and flats. Time for some online shopping i think :wink:

I will be the short nervous one with short brown hair. Probably very wrapped up in coat etc because i am a coldy!

I'm worried about this group thing, you don't want a know-it-all in your group that doesn't let anyone else speak, hopefully everyone will be courteous and let everyone have a go...

I've started preparing for my the interview, now my outfit is sorted :smile: but I'm just trying to know a little about a lot so hopefully I'll at least be able to have a go!

and I haven't received anything back after submitting my forms either :frown: I'd just like to know they've got there!
just got rejected from notts via ucas! :frown: was expecting it cos my alevels are low and i know they are strict on that, but to hold onto my application for so long then reject me..! Oh well, roll on RVC interview!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending