The Student Room Group

Second degree funding

Hi,
I completed a 4 year degree in Scotland from 2016 - 2020, using full funding from Student Finance England except for half during a year abroad when I wasn't eligible. I am looking at maybe reapplying for Veterinary Medicine to qualify as a Vet Surgeon but am unclear how much funding, if any, I would be eligible for. SFE says it is an eligible degree but how much would they pay for a 5 year course?
Thank you in advance
Original post by jlouise***
Hi,
I completed a 4 year degree in Scotland from 2016 - 2020, using full funding from Student Finance England except for half during a year abroad when I wasn't eligible. I am looking at maybe reapplying for Veterinary Medicine to qualify as a Vet Surgeon but am unclear how much funding, if any, I would be eligible for. SFE says it is an eligible degree but how much would they pay for a 5 year course?
Thank you in advance

Hi there,

Do you know if this course will be classed as a Graduate Entry Medicine course?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Hi Graeme,
I don’t think it would as my first degree wouldn’t be relevant for me to get on the graduate entry programme unfortunately
Hi Graeme,
I don’t think it would as my first degree wouldn’t be relevant for me to get on the graduate entry programme unfortunately

Thanks, according to our rules you'll be entitled to the Maintenance Loan for the duration of this course. However, due to your previous study you won't be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan because you already have a degree.

To know for sure we'd definitely recommend making an application online: the assessors can then tell you for sure what you'll be entitled to. In case you didn't know, the 23/24 applications are available now.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Reply 4
Sorry for all the Qs but are you able to rely without an offer?
Sorry for all the Qs but are you able to rely without an offer?

Yes, definitely - you can apply even if you don't have a confirmed place, rest assured.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending