The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level Geography - Unit 3 Pre-release topic

Poll

What topic is the synoptic part of the paper going to be on?

What topic do you think is going to come up?

I think all six bar water conflicts and the tech fix have come up, right?

I reckon we're going to have a repeat this year. As long as its not bio-diversity I'll be happy with any of them. What says you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I done this exam last year and biodiversity came up as the pre release so the odds of it coming up again this year is probably quite small.
bump
Reply 3
Fingers crossed techno fix! its the one that links with every single other topic :smile:
Reply 4
I did this in January and Energy Security came up, so it most probably won't be that.
Original post by ben05
Fingers crossed techno fix! its the one that links with every single other topic :smile:

Problem with that is you kind of have to know everything to do it :frown:. I hate biodiversity so I'm hoping that doesn't come up so I can just forget about it!

I'd love them to pull a fast one on us and give us energy security again!
i did this in jan, energy security came up, however it is possible it coudl come up again

it was VERY east as the synoptic booklet had soo much information, we hardly had to research

once you get the pre release, make sure you try and predict the questions!
Hopefully it isn't water conflicts, what did everyone get in unit 4?
Reply 8
Original post by hazelsaurus

we are doing unit 3 and 4 in june :frown:
Original post by hazelsaurus

I'm doing unit 4 in June too, along with unit 3.
Reply 10
Doing both in June. I have a horrible feeling it will be water, really hoping for techno fix though!!
ITS DEVELOPMENT GAP!! arrgh i am soo screwed! x
Reply 12
link?
yeah its development!
Original post by alexwharton
ITS DEVELOPMENT GAP!! arrgh i am soo screwed! x

:frown: Damn it! Least fav. topic.
did not go college today so was not sure if they gave the pre-release out....has it been given?

Please hoping for tech fix or water!
Original post by antipesto93
yeah its development!

Damn, only started it! need to pick up soon then!
Reply 17
Do we need to revise the topic in detail or is it more just studying the pre release and basic knowledge of the topic?
Reply 18
From what i remember (I did unit 3 in January), it's best to know a bit of extra information about the topic but if you really learn the synoptic pre-release inside out, and try and predict the 3 questions before hand, you'll do fine!
Original post by taxatoon
Do we need to revise the topic in detail or is it more just studying the pre release and basic knowledge of the topic?

I don't know what is supposed to be done, but I will examine the web links provided and try and get the key information which links in to all aspects of the A level.

Hopefully, I will post whatever info I have on here and maybe we can get this done together!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending