The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Weston Hall

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi guys! Just received my accommodation offer, looks like I'll be staying in Weston Hall in room YE.04.03 :smile: I'm originally from Swansea, and speak fluent welsh and english
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Original post by tombam95
Hi guys! Just received my accommodation offer, looks like I'll be staying in Weston Hall in room YE.04.03 :smile: I'm originally from Swansea, and speak fluent welsh and english

i find it weird that everyones saying Westons full of International people
Hello Everyone, Im American by birth, but been living in England for 12 years so act like an British person these days. Ive read lots of things about Weston hall having lots of international student, but the Manchester thread said the campus also had lots of British people also. After reading that and seeing this feed, im not feeling as nervous about being ganged up on haha! :tongue:

For those interested my room is BU 03.21

Original post by Aqib7
i find it weird that everyones saying Westons full of International people

I see what you mean, from the looks of this thread there seems to be a large amount of British students.
Reply 23
hey Guys .. im from Egypt and got my offer at Weston hall (Silver 07.04) .... anyone here with Silver :biggrin: ??
Reply 24
Original post by Aqib7
MIne is Weston BU.02.03 any british students here that got an offer.

Yeah I'm British and it seems we are in the same flat.
Reply 25
Original post by jilsxx
Yeah I'm British and it seems we are in the same flat.

Cool what are you studying?
Original post by flowerpower29
Hiii mine's GR.04 :smile: what are you taking???

Oh cool! I'm doing zoology, how about you? :smile:
Original post by jilsxx
I'm in weston hall as well and I was worried about the international students thing, my room is BU.03.03

well it looks like there's quite a lot of British people there too so I'm sure it'll be fine :smile: maybe see you there.
Reply 28
BU.05.38 here.
I'm a british student living abroad in Tokyo who was attending a boarding school previously.
So i'm not too worried about the international community, but i'd still like to talk to people and not have them avoid me!

I'll be bringing a rice cooker too.
Original post by tombam95

Hi!! I've received an offer to stay in Weston hall, and I'm also a welsh student from Swansea!! I also speak both Welsh and English I'm in room RE.05.28 what will you be studying??
I also applied for Weston Hall as my first choice and then panicked when I saw what some people were saying about it, eek. I applied through clearing so it's unlikely that I will get a spot anyway but it doesn't seem to be the way that everyone was making it out to be!
Reply 31
Hi guys I went into Manchester yesterday to look around Weston Hall but was only allowed to look at one room, just a pre-warning if you don't already know. The rooms are pretty small and cramped though the benefits of Weston are that it is extremely close to the city centre, for me it was literally a 5-10 minute walk and i know nothing about Manchester, so keep strong peeps.
Reply 32
Anyone in bu.05.11?
Original post by Aqib7
Hi guys I went into Manchester yesterday to look around Weston Hall but was only allowed to look at one room, just a pre-warning if you don't already know. The rooms are pretty small and cramped though the benefits of Weston are that it is extremely close to the city centre, for me it was literally a 5-10 minute walk and i know nothing about Manchester, so keep strong peeps.

Very good to hear. Thanks for the feedback. In the communal areas, were there TVs? (important to me haha). Also, had they set up the WiFi yet?
Reply 34
Original post by Aqib7
MIne is Weston BU.02.03 any british students here that got an offer.

Hey yeah I'm British, when are you moving in?
Reply 35
Original post by ThatAmericanKidd
Hello Everyone, Im American by birth, but been living in England for 12 years so act like an British person these days. Ive read lots of things about Weston hall having lots of international student, but the Manchester thread said the campus also had lots of British people also. After reading that and seeing this feed, im not feeling as nervous about being ganged up on haha! :tongue:

For those interested my room is BU 03.21

I see what you mean, from the looks of this thread there seems to be a large amount of British students.

Hey my room is BU 03.03 kinda neighbours, I think there'll be plenty of British English speaking people! What are you studying?
Original post by jilsxx
Hey my room is BU 03.03 kinda neighbours, I think there'll be plenty of British English speaking people! What are you studying?

Yeah I think we may be on the same floor or something like that, so howdy neighbor :wink:
I'm studying Geochemistry, it's basically geology, but with a few chemistry modules. What are you studying?
Reply 37
Hi i'm British and staying in Weston my room is GR.05.12 anyone else in that flat? I don't mind if you aren't British but I only speak English haha!
For those interested, ive seen Weston have 2 football teams. Only bad thing is that both teams are in the bottom division. Just saying incase anyone is interested in playing football!
Original post by SophieHopkin
Hi!! I've received an offer to stay in Weston hall, and I'm also a welsh student from Swansea!! I also speak both Welsh and English ������ I'm in room RE.05.28 ������ what will you be studying??

Hey I'm in room RE.03.26 so it looks like we're in a kind of similar area?? haha or maybe not!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending