The Student Room Group

AS Grades

Right so been doing my AS exams this week and one of my exams went not very well at all due as I felt a bit off and just was a bit unlucky really. Anyway, this exam is a massive proportion of the entire AS grade (50%) so really worried that I'm going to get a poor grade
Of course, In A2 , I will retake it and then my overall grade will be fine but just wondering how much notice Vet Schools take of AS Grades when applying? :s-smilie::s-smilie:
I've known some people to get offers with an AS grade C in chemistry but a predicted A for the end of A2, so it can happen. As long as most of your subjects are A e.g. biol or chem or maths or whatever so if 2/3 are A you should be okay. What subject, and what grade?
Reply 2
I think Jade is possibly talking about me? I got a low C at AS in Chemistry at AS, was predicted an A (after a lot of drama) and then got a high A at A2. Still managed 3 interviews and 2 offers, so yes, it is possible. The predicted grades are much more important and I did have a lot of work experience, so just try and make up for your grades in other aspects of your application.

/procrastination when I should be revising.
Reply 3
Oh good, this has made me feel a lot better. Yeah it was in Chemistry and the annoying thing is I don't think I will have too much a problem of getting an A grade at A2 but this was just unfortunately a bad exam and the one which takes up a massive proportion.

Thank you for your responses , see when August comes but looks like I'm going to have to barter with the school a bit over predicted grades...
Reply 4
If you run into trouble ring up the veterinary school, they can be flexible if you show initiative.
Reply 5
i didn't do too well at AS level, got ABCD and i had 2 interviews with chemistry predicted B (got a C) but i retook in january and got 2A's so was a bit unhappy haha. they'll take your prediction into account more but i'd just say try and get lots of work experience to make up for it and make sure your personal statement is spot on :smile:
Do you do Salters B? Because if you're referring to that paper (F332) then I found it really hard, and doubt that I've scrapped an A in that paper :/
Reply 7
No it was on the OCR exam board

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending