The Student Room Group

A Level Predicted Grades

What if my predicted grades are high for A levels but when i give my actual A levels it doesnt turn out to be as the predicted grades, is it still possible to get into univerisites in the UK?
Original post by Lukimay
What if my predicted grades are high for A levels but when i give my actual A levels it doesnt turn out to be as the predicted grades, is it still possible to get into univerisites in the UK?

It depends on the offers that you get. If you meet the offers, but not your predicted grades you should be fine, but if you don't reach your offers you may not be able to go to the unis that you want to. It may be possible to find a place through clearing though
Reply 2
Hi Lukimay,

No, your actual grades don't need to be as high as your predicted grades. Your predicted grades are just what universities use as an indication of your academic performance so they can decide wether or not to give you an offer.

When you get given your university offer, it will come with grade requirements, and these are the minimum grades you need to get. For example, your predicted grades may be AAA, but if your university offer is ABB, then ABB or higher is all you need to get.

However, even if you discover you haven't met your ABB grades on results day, you can still get a 'clearing' place (the 'spare' places that a handful of universities offer out to those who didn't meet their grades), though this may be a different university to your original choice.
(edited 2 months ago)
75% dont reach predicted grades due to schools over predicting. Once you get an offer predicted grades have no purpose. You are then assessed on your achieved grades. If you meet your offer grades then you are in. If you dont meet them you might still get accepted but is down to the university to decide whether to take you,

Typically most universities accept 1 or sometimes 2 dropped grades but very popular universities and courses dont. You wont know until results day.

If neither your firm or insurance accept you then you will ne placed in clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending