The Student Room Group

Aqa chem4 15th june 2011 (resit) thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by king101
Rings a bell, the buffer questions were very easy compared to other papers.

i got 11.89 for a question ?
Original post by Pendulii
Was the IUPAC name of phthalic acid benzene-1,2-dicarboxylic acid or benzene-1,2-dioic acid?

According to wikipedia it's the first one. Probably the 2nd one then.
Reply 862
Original post by JK471993
I pu the latter. Don't know if I'm right.

I put that too. Looked on wikipedia and it says benzene-1,2-dicarboxylic acid but do you think we might still get a mark?:afraid:
Reply 863
Original post by angel1992
what about nitrohexane using sn/hcl and that cus that two step ?

Sounds right.
So how many of you missed out that last 3 marker? :tongue:
Original post by cleo101
i put nitrobenze or something for v completely messed it up :frown:

I did that too :frown: it looked logical why people saying C6H10Br I don't know.

then I attempted to sub the NO2 to become NH2 by Sn/HCL. Would that work?
Reply 866
Original post by Pendulii
I put that too. Looked on wikipedia and it says benzene-1,2-dicarboxylic acid but do you think we might still get a mark?:afraid:

did you get 111 for a naming bit?
How many raw marks on average, does it take to get 100UMS? I think I've got 85 or more raw marks
Reply 868
why are people on about half neutralisation ?
why are people on about half neutralisation ?

because thats what the second last pH calcuation was - i think :smile:
i got 11.89 for a question ?

So did I!
The only question that threw me a bit was the fragmentation one with m/z=177. I kept on getting 178 :s-smilie:
Reply 872
Original post by MoMatrix
I think you did, I hope you didn't have to because I identified one for each but, They way I read the question and what people at my college were saying is that you had to identify both.

Yeah, completely understand where you're coming from in terms of the wording of the question, but I think the reason that they usually give you pairs is so that it's distinguish between them. There are many molecules other than the one that you are testing for that will give similar observations so it's usually to avoid confusion that they say identify between the two rather than out of the whole range of compounds that this could be give a single reagent that will tell me that this is definitely a...
If you get what I mean?
Reply 873
was it the one with ethanoic acid and that with ka? i remember getting 1.75X10-3 givinng me a ph of 2.76?
Reply 874
Original post by Scarface-Don
Did anyone get a pH of 3.02 and 12.71 for the two pH questions?

Yep I did! But everyone seems to be saying that's wrong?!!! :frown:
Original post by JK471993
Why are people discussing this so early? I thought there was a 24 hour grace period. I hope no-one in China is watching and raising the grade boundaries!

Well considering they're 6 hours ahead of us, that is highly unlikely.
Reply 876
did you get 111 for a naming bit?

Errr it's not ringing a bell :s-smilie: My memory isn't that reliable if it's any consolation
Reply 877
Original post by fivepoundoff
How many raw marks on average, does it take to get 100UMS? I think I've got 85 or more raw marks

usually its 72-74 for A (96UMS), 82-84 for A* (108UMS) and I assume about 92-94 for full UMS. I'd say for this paper 85 raw marks will probably equate to 110 UMS.
Reply 878
what did you get for naming j and k?
Reply 879
Original post by FristyKino
So how many of you missed out that last 3 marker? :tongue:

AQA are cheeky b*tches! I'm so shocked that I checked the back. I guess I've learned my lesson.

The only thing I have deduced from exams is that life's a b*tch!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending