The Student Room Group

CCEA Maths C4 1st June 2011

hey did anybody sit this exam today?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, thought it was tough to a degree but think it went ok. How did you find it?
Reply 2
Original post by thecomputerman
Yes, thought it was tough to a degree but think it went ok. How did you find it?

i thought it was good in that there were a couple of prove that qu or show that qus which i like lol

thought the last part of qu 8 was v hard and slightly worried about the differential eqn being worth 14 marks lol
Number 8 parts ii and iii confused me to be honest. I wasn't sure if you were meant to use the answer for part i to answer parts ii and iii or to use the method (integration by parts) in part i to answer parts ii and parts iii.

I used the method to be safe but now worried that i could lose marks, what you think?

The 14 mark question was definately worth 14 marks, partial fractions then integration then solving for two differents cases to find c and eventually k. I got k = ln(1.5) / 10.
Reply 4
Anyone know how many marks I'll lose for question 4? I integrated between 0 and 15 instead of -12 and 3 but did the rest of the method right? I also used integration by parts to do part ii and iii of question 8
Original post by seans443
Anyone know how many marks I'll lose for question 4? I integrated between 0 and 15 instead of -12 and 3 but did the rest of the method right? I also used integration by parts to do part ii and iii of question 8

I'd say at maximum 4, likely only 3 though possibly 2. What was your criticism of the model?
Reply 6
Original post by thecomputerman
I'd say at maximum 4, likely only 3 though possibly 2. What was your criticism of the model?

I think I said something along the lines of the curve wasn't constant throughout because the top of the bowl curved inwards a bit. Basically I just waffled for a couple of lines and hoped for the best lol ps I got the same value of k as you so hopefully that's a good sign. I'm really worried about losing marks on question 8 because I just integrated them by parts.
Reply 7
what did you get for the asymtotes (ignore spelling lol)
Reply 8
Original post by becky2010
what did you get for the asymtotes (ignore spelling lol)

Apparently the answers were x=1 and y=2. I got y=2.5 because I can't read off my graphics calculator properly lol
Reply 9
Apparently the answers were x=1 and y=2. I got y=2.5 because I can't read off my graphics calculator properly lol

for gods sake i put x=1, y=3 :angry:

got really confused by the volume of revolution one. i integrated bwtween 15 and 0 then started again and integrated between -12 and 3 but my answer seemed bit far out imo. u didnt happen to get like 5000 by any chance lol
Reply 10
i dont suppose anybody has an unofficial markscheme? :colondollar:
Reply 11
for gods sake i put x=1, y=3 :angry:

got really confused by the volume of revolution one. i integrated bwtween 15 and 0 then started again and integrated between -12 and 3 but my answer seemed bit far out imo. u didnt happen to get like 5000 by any chance lol

You'll only lose one mark for writing y=3 though :smile: I think you were supposed to integrate between -12 and 3, so that should get you full marks for that question.
Reply 12
i dont suppose anybody has an unofficial markscheme? :colondollar:

I haven't got an "unofficial markscheme" but I wrote down all my answers on my question paper. So we can compare the answers we got? It could put us at ease if we get the same things, but then again it could worry us even more if we end up getting things that are completely different!
Reply 13
For the trig one did you change your limits?
Reply 14
I haven't got an "unofficial markscheme" but I wrote down all my answers on my question paper. So we can compare the answers we got? It could put us at ease if we get the same things, but then again it could worry us even more if we end up getting things that are completely different!

hmm id have to try do it from memory lol i messed up the differential equation for a fact. so annoyed lol.

think qu's 1-3 were ok, 4 i got 5450 or something which i think is wrong, qu 5 i think was ok, 6 was disasterous, 7 think was ok, 2nd part of 8 also disasterous lol if you want to pm what you got ill see if any ring a bell with me if you dont want to thats ok i understand lol
Reply 15
Original post by mg9651

which qu was it? struggling to remember but i dont think i changed limits
Reply 16
Original post by mg9651

If you mean question three, I did not however you did add the angle ? which is 67ish I believe to remove the 315 and get two results for ?, 15.6 and 111 degrees I believe, you should not need to change the limits.
Although it is possible that I am misunderstanding you, if I am then sorry.

As a personal question (my own): is anybody certain of the answer to question six? There was some uncertainty over whether it is positive or negative when I asked a few classmates.
Reply 17
From the above answers.....i did really bad in this test.....
Can anyone share the answers please....just for my satisfaction..

Is Ques 6 the F(x) one..? I got negative in that...

Can anyone tell...why do u partial fractions in 15 mark one....
It was like (x+1)(x+2) isnt it..?

Also is the volume of number 3, 3 and half litres or something.?
Reply 18
Original post by Avensis
From the above answers.....i did really bad in this test.....
Can anyone share the answers please....just for my satisfaction..

Is Ques 6 the F(x) one..? I got negative in that...

Can anyone tell...why do u partial fractions in 15 mark one....
It was like (x+1)(x+2) isnt it..?

Also is the volume of number 3, 3 and half litres or something.?

i didnt do partial fractions either :frown: it was a stupid question anyway lol so i dont think i did well either

for the volume of revolution which limits did you integrate between?
Reply 19
i simply did between 15 and 13...lol....which were the two values given by them i think...
What did u get it that one..??

Do u remeber answers for no.2..??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending