The Student Room Group

Maths A OCR June 2011 Paper 3 Non-calculator

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Pretty easy I thought, however that factorise and solve the quadratic one I could not do :frown:
Reply 2
Easiest exam Ive ever done
Only really stuck on the vectors quesion at the back and im only in Year 10 and doing it a year early
Anybody know what the grade boundaries usually are?

EDIT: Page 16 of this document tells you the grade thresholds for the January 2010 papers, gives you a rough estimate of the boundaries.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Think I did pretty good, except the vectors one at the end :s-smilie:
I'm going to break the cycle and say that I found it really hard... but then again I think everyone in my year did. I really struggled with the last few questions, definitely haven't got the A I wanted. All I can do is cross my fingers for a much easier calculator paper. :frown:
Thought it was extremely easy compared to the other past papers we've been doing there was hardly anything to get stuck on. Vectors was a bit of trialling out different combinations of a and b but all in all not a problem.
found the vectors question fairly easy. For the very last part of it, does anyone know if it was allowed to pass through the line you're attempting to find out using a and b, if you get what I mean?
Reply 8
Original post by mariomario1

Original post by mariomario1
Thought it was extremely easy compared to the other past papers we've been doing there was hardly anything to get stuck on. Vectors was a bit of trialling out different combinations of a and b but all in all not a problem.

yehh truee maritooo..juss hatee vectorsss.. but was easier compared to every othaa paperr ivee donee..!!
I found the N stuff embarrassingly hard. I think I got every other question correct :biggrin:
Reply 10
What did people get for the first question with regards to the speeds???
Original post by RHayden88
What did people get for the first question with regards to the speeds???

At first he travelled at a constant speed of 20km/h then he stopped for 2 minutes, and then went on to travel at a constant speed of 40km/h.
Reply 12
I did the histogram question wrong.. twice! Think I got there in the end.. Lucky we get two hours ¬¬ I pity the examiner that has to mark my paper.. it was so.. messy.
Reply 13
Original post by toff33popcorn

Drawing the histogram was quite tricky i thought :/ but i got the frequencies for X and Y as 15 and 10

good, thats exactly what i put! worried myself for a bit then!
Reply 14
I found the exam really hard. i dont think i would get a good grade. :frown:

how much of the questions would we need to have answered correctly to get a c on the higher paper?
Reply 15
For the probability question I got 4/9 simplified from i think 29/36 :s I can't remember

Which one was that? :s-smilie:
and how did you get 4/9 from 29/36? :confused:
Reply 16
did you guys do the second paper? how did you find it?!
what did yu guys put onto the vector question which asked to draw a+b,

did yu draw something similar to this : _/
or the resultant vector (which is the diagonal connecting the to ends)
Reply 18
I thought that Paper 4 was hard. but not as hard as I expected
The only quesions I had real problems on where:
Q16 AHHHHHH. Got the box plot and the similarity and difference but the one where you had to explain which student the report was describing was a killer question!!!!. And then the stratified sample at the end was just simple :biggrin:
Q18b (cosx= -0.5 < x < 360)?????? didnt get that one at all
But to be honest that was it
But my dad brought the papers home with answers he'd done (he's a maths teacher)
and i think on Paper 3 I got around 82 ish and Paper 4 79 ish, which if grade boundaries stay level should just get me an A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending