The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3960
Stace-is-Ace
Your hair always looks so yummy!

I knowwww..I threw out all my bootcut jeans ages ago and stuck to more straight legged-ness (I don't have the legs for skinnies). I bought these just on the off chance that they'd look nice. They're a bit wider at the bottom than most bootcut jeans and they're pretty tight all down my legs. They make them look lots thinner :smile: I only wear them in a casual sort of way with pumps tbh. They're not as bad as you'd think =P

Aw thanks :smile:

If they make you look good, then i guess I can't argue.

If I come across as a bit forceful with my opinions, it's just cause I think this thread is a bit too nice and positive. If people want to improve the way they dress, it's good to have honest critique from all sides. I think everyone should go and take a look at www.lookbook.nu to get some real inspiration.
Reply 3961
Shryke
Don't embarrass yourself when you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh look, here's Noel Fielding wearing the exact same pair of jeans

He seems to alright with girls doesn't he?

Yeah, fair point with the bootcuts I guess, but I'm pretty sure there are better alternatives.

he looks like a f**kwit, mate. He's wearing polkadot jeans and gold shoes.

I actually don't really care about people dressing alternative or whatever...it's your life do what you want. But seriously...polka dot jeans?
Shryke
Aw thanks :smile:

If they make you look good, then i guess I can't argue.

If I come across as a bit forceful with my opinions, it's just cause I think this thread is a bit too nice and positive. If people want to improve the way they dress, it's good to have honest critique from all sides. I think everyone should go and take a look at www.lookbook.nu to get some real inspiration.

Haha! It's fine - I'm not offended. I'm pretty opinionated about clothes too. I tend to not voice them on here though because some people might take them the wrong way so I tend to just comment on the things I like =P

If I was going somewhere I probably wouldn't wear them.They're too big anyways. I look better today =P
Reply 3963
minimo

I actually don't really care about people dressing alternative or whatever...it's your life do what you want. But seriously...polka dot jeans?

If you can succesfully explain to me what is objectively wrong with wearing a pair of polka dot jeans then I'll happily concede. However, you can't. It's an opinion.

My life style fits with this sort of style. I work behind my SU bar, I'm a musician. I'm doing my dissertation on the synonymous relationship between image and success amongst Parisian composers/modern day musicians.

And I feel like I'm doing something right, I got head hunted for my uni prospectus, keep a look out for the whole page dedicated to moi :smile:
Reply 3964
Shryke
If you can succesfully explain to me what is objectively wrong with wearing a pair of polka dot jeans then I'll happily concede. However, you can't. It's an opinion.

My life style fits with this sort of style. I work behind my SU bar, I'm a musician. I'm doing my dissertation on the synonymous relationship between image and success amongst Parisian composers/modern day musicians.

And I feel like I'm doing something right, I got head hunted for my uni prospectus, keep a look out for the whole page dedicated to moi :smile:

because they make you look gay?

If you're gay then that's fine...I'm just pointing it out.

Do you want to know my dissertation title?

As for bing headhunted for your university prospectus...considerable achievement m8................................................not. Who'd have thought, you sound stupider than you look.
Reply 3965
minimo
he looks like a f**kwit, mate. He's wearing polkadot jeans and gold shoes.

And more to the point gold metallic pointy shoes

WHY?!?!?!

Noel Fielding and Russell Brand make me want to gauge my eyes out.

Anyway I'm wearing:
Black and cream Dotty P wrap dress
Black ribbed tights
Black Nine West flats
Reply 3966
Teigan
And more to the point gold metallic pointy shoes

WHY?!?!?!

Noel Fielding and Russell Brand make me want to gauge my eyes out.

Anyway I'm wearing:
Black and cream Dotty P wrap dress
Black ribbed tights
Black Nine West flats

they're trying to channel the spirit of Aladdin.
Whilst you are arguing amongst yourselves.....

Jack Wills long grey cardigan
Ted Baker blue denim skirt
Jack Wills bubblegum pink vest
Jack Wills blue 3/4 length sleeve top
M&S bluey grey tights
Ted Baker blue pointed ballerinas
Long silver and black necklace, sapphire ring

:smile:
Reply 3968
minimo
because they make you look gay?

If you're gay then that's fine...I'm just pointing it out.

Do you want to know my dissertation title?

As for bing headhunted for your university prospectus...considerable achievement m8................................................not.

If your dissertation title relates to this discussion, like mine does, then I'd love to hear it.

I think it's an achievement, to be considered distinctive enough to represent my university. For a minute I thought you were saying how it was a considerable achievement, but now I see you were making a brilliant joke by putting '.........not'. I think I stopped thinking that was amusing when i was about 6 years old. Nice to see you still haven't got over it.

P.S. I want to see what you look like please. Are you fat. I bet you're fat.
I have a mild crush on certain guys in skinny jeans tbh...
Reply 3970
Stace-is-Ace
I have a mild crush on certain guys in skinny jeans tbh...

I tend to feel sorry for their penis.
LOL! I'm sure your future partner will be very appreciative if your concern for penises extends further than those being squished in skinnies. Hehe!
Reply 3972
Shryke
If your dissertation title relates to this discussion, like mine does, then I'd love to hear it.

I think it's an achievement, to be considered distinctive enough to represent my university. For a minute I thought you were saying how it was a considerable achievement, but now I see you were making a brilliant joke by putting '.........not'. I think I stopped thinking that was amusing when i was about 6 years old. Nice to see you still haven't got over it.

Is getting in the Keele prospectus your biggest achievement to date? I notice it's the only thing on your profile too. Must be hard being so famous.
Reply 3973
minimo
Is getting in the Keele prospectus your biggest achievement to date? I notice it's the only thing on your profile too. Must be hard being so famous.

It's not one of my greatest achievements I suppose, but what with this being a student website, I thought I'd put down something kind of student related. Makes sense no? I didn't exactly spend hours pondering what to put on my profile, as you can tell.

Anyway, argument ends here. It's derailing the thread. There's always going to be a divide between people who like my kind of style, and those who don't. There's no right answer. Most of the fun of being distinctive is in watching people like you snickering about how I look 'gay' in bars etc, while I bugger off and have fun with whoever I want. People like you stand in the corner sipping a pint, and looking pretty much the same as everyone else in the room, wallflower. Not you specifically, but I know the type.
Reply 3974
minimo
cuttte! ^^

Thank you ^_^

It comes with that petticoat netting stitched in. Not sure if I approve of that.
Reply 3975
Skinny jeans do no favour to us pear-shaped ladies. I don't care if they sell them in Next, a well-fitting pair of dark boot-cut jeans will definitely be a wardrobe staple for me for some time. A lot of Next's denim has quite a high elastane content, which makes it look really cheap and nasty, as well as clingy in all the wrong places.
I like bootcut jeans, they probably suit my pear shaped figure more than straight or skinny jeans but I can never find shoes I like to wear with them.
tea_cakes I love your dress :coma:

I am wearing..
Grey pleated skirt.
Black boots
Black topshop strap top
black cardigan.
Nothing exciting at all.
tea_cakes
I like bootcut jeans, they probably suit my pear shaped figure more than straight or skinny jeans but I can never find shoes I like to wear with them.

Yeah same, I feel like my mum if I wear them with heels and I feel like I just stepped out of the 90's if I wear them with flats.. I always just end up wearing skinny jeans and like ridiculously high heeled boots and a baggy top if I'm feeling especially fat.
new look grey tweed flats
m&s 60 den black tights
a french high waisted black silk skirt
f&f at tesco (:P) black buckled waist belt
h&m long line white tee
h&m grey cardi
beautiful pink pashmina from chinatown, NY
:biggrin:

Latest