The Student Room Group

whats the point of making us wear school uniform to attend saturday detention ?

Yesterday i had a 3 hour saturday detention for skipping a lesson last tuesday we had to be in school at 845am for registration and a full school uniform inspection we had to wear a white shirt black skirt tie and blazer we had to have our collors done up and tie had to be neat and tidy, we then had to sit at our desks in silence and write a 4 page essay on why we were being punished, the 3 hours went VERY VERY slowly, to make thighs worse my parents refused to drive me to school so i had to get on the bus in my uniform on a saturday, then my mum picked me up after the saturday detention and took me to do the shopping again in my uniform it was so embarrising, i think being made to go to school on a saturday is punishment enough i cant see the point of making us wear school uniform as well can you ?
my mum said its part of disipline and punishment
Original post by supersally1234
Yesterday i had a 3 hour saturday detention for skipping a lesson last tuesday we had to be in school at 845am for registration and a full school uniform inspection we had to wear a white shirt black skirt tie and blazer we had to have our collors done up and tie had to be neat and tidy, we then had to sit at our desks in silence and write a 4 page essay on why we were being punished, the 3 hours went VERY VERY slowly, to make thighs worse my parents refused to drive me to school so i had to get on the bus in my uniform on a saturday, then my mum picked me up after the saturday detention and took me to do the shopping again in my uniform it was so embarrising, i think being made to go to school on a saturday is punishment enough i cant see the point of making us wear school uniform as well can you ?

Your mum is right. Perhaps it'll make you less likely to skip a lesson in future.
Original post by DataVenia
Your mum is right. Perhaps it'll make you less likely to skip a lesson in future.

saturday detention was hard, there was around 20 of us being punished for different reasons, i think its wrong to make students go to school on a saturday dont you ? i didnt get out of my school uniform until 3pm because of my mum taking me around the shops ?
saturday detention was hard, there was around 20 of us being punished for different reasons, i think its wrong to make students go to school on a saturday dont you ? i didnt get out of my school uniform until 3pm because of my mum taking me around the shops ?

If you hadnt misbehaved you wouldnt have had detention. Time to learn to behave and accept you are in this situation of your own making. If you frrl embarrased about this hopefully you will behave in future.
Reply 4
Gosh I hoped this behaviour by the School went out in the 80s. My School was awful like this with Teachers beating you (not allowed today). I agree with you the School is wrong and writing a pointless essay is ridiculous. Next time just go sick.

It's meant to hard. What's the point of an easy punishment? It would have no value.
Original post by Ashinski
Gosh I hoped this behaviour by the School went out in the 80s. My School was awful like this with Teachers beating you (not allowed today). I agree with you the School is wrong and writing a pointless essay is ridiculous. Next time just go sick.

Yea somehow you don't sound old enough to have experienced this period :tongue:
Original post by DataVenia
It's meant to hard. What's the point of an easy punishment? It would have no value.

i lost almost all of my saturday, it was so boring ?
Original post by swanseajack1
If you hadnt misbehaved you wouldnt have had detention. Time to learn to behave and accept you are in this situation of your own making. If you frrl embarrased about this hopefully you will behave in future.

i know you are right but i think its mean making go to school on a saturday wearing full school uniform then making us write punishment essays dont you ?
Oh, this sounds so, so familiar!
Original post by ageshallnot

Almost like having to write is out 100 times... :rolleyes:

Your mum is right. If you hadnt skipped a lesson then you wouldnt have a detention. Wearing uniform is part of that punishment. If you hadnt misbehaved you wouldnt have had detention.
Original post by ageshallnot

I’m getting… repeated threads about whether a punishment is fair and… it all being too boring for our OP who is… the best at escaping punishment (despite evidence to the contrary).
You're getting punished. It's supposed to be hard.
Also, I go to a school where Saturday school is compulsory, even not as a punishment. It's really not that bad to be in uniform for it.

I can see why its part of disipline and punishment, just a dumb way of doing it tbh

I’ve had to wear full uniform during a Saturday detention in June during a heatwave. Wool jumper AND blazer, and thick tights.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending