The Student Room Group

do you think its fair that those in detention can not join in non school uniform day

once a month on a friday we have a non school uniform day its something i really look forward to, today i had a after school detention for messing about in class it last 1 and a half hours and is very dull and boring, yesterday we were given our detention slips plus our punishment essays, it also says that FULL school uniform must be worn , when i questioned this the teacher said as we were being punished we could not join in non uniform day, i think this is so unfair we are already being punished with detention, what do you think ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imogen1234567890
once a month on a friday we have a non school uniform day its something i really look forward to, today i had a after school detention for messing about in class it last 1 and a half hours and is very dull and boring, yesterday we were given our detention slips plus our punishment essays, it also says that FULL school uniform must be worn , when i questioned this the teacher said as we were being punished we could not join in non uniform day, i think this is so unfair we are already being punished with detention, what do you think ?

While it sucks that you can't do something you look forwards to those are the rules and that is the way it is not much you can do to change it could you not bring your uniform with you and throw it on just to serve the detention you probably shouldn't have messed around on a week when there was a non uniform day really.
Original post by jonathanemptage
While it sucks that you can't do something you look forwards to those are the rules and that is the way it is not much you can do to change it could you not bring your uniform with you and throw it on just to serve the detention you probably shouldn't have messed around on a week when there was a non uniform day really.

no we have to wear our full school uniform all day its part of our punishment ?
no we have to wear our full school uniform all day its part of our punishment ?

Well that's the way it is then TBF your pretty lucky having non uniform once a month my old schools (primary and secondary) had it once a year. We didn't have uniform in collage..
Don't like the punishment? Don't do the crime.

Sorry but you don't really have a right to complain about what punishment the school has decided to dish out. If they say that your punishment is both a detention plus not taking part in non-uniform day, then that's what it is.

Next time don't mess about.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Don't like the punishment? Don't do the crime.

Sorry but you don't really have a right to complain about what punishment the school has decided to dish out. If they say that your punishment is both a detention plus not taking part in non-uniform day, then that's what it is.

Next time don't mess about.

sorry i dont want to be rude but our punishment is a 1 and a half hour detention, surly we are being punished twice, one the detention and second having to wear school uniform when no one else has to wear it ?
sorry i dont want to be rude but our punishment is a 1 and a half hour detention, surly we are being punished twice, one the detention and second having to wear school uniform when no one else has to wear it ?

Tough, basically. The school has the right to do that.
I think you have a history of not understanding what a punishment is for.

One wonders how bad your behaviour must be for this to repeatedly be an issue.
How many times are you going to spam the same thread?
Reply 9
your history indicates yes, and i feel sorry for your parents you seem like a nightmare
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Tough, basically. The school has the right to do that.

i am not saying i should escape punishment, my parents know that today is non uniform day what do i say to them when i leave home in school uniform surly they will get suspesioues ?
Original post by Admit-One

my punishment is a 1 hour 30 minute detention having to wear school uniform is a extra punishment and its not fair ?
my punishment is a 1 hour 30 minute detention having to wear school uniform is a extra punishment and its not fair ?

its fair

i am not saying i should escape punishment, my parents know that today is non uniform day what do i say to them when i leave home in school uniform surly they will get suspesioues ?

and you should have told them you got in trouble, were they not suspicious when you spent and extra hour and a half at school, they would know its not your love for education that kept you there
Original post by bigplongus
your history indicates yes, and i feel sorry for your parents you seem like a nightmare

i am a normal teenager i like to go out and have fun, punishment is NOT on my list of things to do ?
Original post by Admit-One

i am a teen i dont do punishment it HURTS ?

i dont do punishment it hurts ?
its fair

and you should have told them you got in trouble, were they not suspicious when you spent and extra hour and a half at school, they would know its not your love for education that kept you there

i told my parents that i went around my friends house so thats why i came home late ?
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
How many times are you going to spam the same thread?

i dont do punishments they are for losers ?
i dont do punishments they are for losers ?

yet you get so many so you must be a loser?
Punishments are not meant to be a walk in the park, so making you wear uniform is very fair.

Grow up, take your punishment and stop messing about. Especially if you are disrupting the learning of others, in which case that makes you unfair, not the school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending