The Student Room Group

Noob's guide to the Casio fx-991ES Plus

OK, just bought one in the hopes of not failing my Maths Calculator paper. Anyone got a guide or wants to explain to me, in incredibly simple terms, how to use it to:

Solve simultaneous equations
Double-check my own algebraic equations

Anything else you think might be useful for the exam :P I'd love you forever!
Reply 1
Double check your algebraic equations:
Mode > 5: EQN > 3: aX^2 + bX + C = 0 > then enter the a, b and c coefficients by putting in the numbers and pressing ener for each > then the root(s) will be shown (use the cursor {the up/down/left/right buttons} to change roots)

Hope it helps
Reply 2
Original post by icyoli
Double check your algebraic equations:
Mode > 5: EQN > 3: aX^2 + bX + C = 0 > then enter the a, b and c coefficients by putting in the numbers and pressing ener for each > then the root(s) will be shown (use the cursor {the up/down/left/right buttons} to change roots)

Hope it helps

Oh, you absolute babe. THANK YOU.

I got well confused at first, realised you had to click Mode and then was all set :P Thanks!
Reply 3
No problem, good luck
Reply 4
Original post by icyoli
No problem, good luck

Thank you :smile:

You wouldn't know how to convert units, by any chance? Thought it might be useful :P x
Reply 5
It doesn't really do units, what kind of units did you mean? 1km=1000m kinda thing?
Reply 6
Original post by icyoli
It doesn't really do units, what kind of units did you mean? 1km=1000m kinda thing?

Yeah, like that sort of thing. They usually have questions like, "Turn 25cm^3 into mm^3" and I always lose marks, lol.
Reply 7
Original post by Xiomara
Yeah, like that sort of thing. They usually have questions like, "Turn 25cm^3 into mm^3" and I always lose marks, lol.

It tells you how to convert units on the lid.......
Reply 8
The units on the lid are all scientific, there's not really any simple converts there :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by icyoli
The units on the lid are all scientific, there's not really any simple converts there :frown:

Thanks anyway :smile: I actually had the exam today, was good but I don't think it'll make up for my awful non calc. Ah well :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending