The Student Room Group

UMS Usual Boundaries

Hey,

At present I have 154 UMS having gotten 54 of it on Unit 1 and 100 on Unit 2, so I needed 86 UMS to get a C overall on Unit 3. Now, I screwed up in Unit 3 and I think I got around 45-50 out of 120 based on the solutions posted. Having seen UMS before, I think that 45-50 usually translates to a C on Unit 3 and therefore somewhere around 120 UMS.

Am I correct in thinking that 240 is needed for a C and that 45-50 is usually around 120 UMS out of 200 so I've done enough to get a C, possibly a B. I'm content with a C but hoped for a B. I would like to know asap to help relieve my mind :smile:
Reply 1
bump.
What is the maximum UMS / exam and what subject is this?
Reply 3
Your going to need to give a subject, an actual qualification, an exam board, a level of qualification (GCSE/AS etc.) etc.
Reply 4
Maths GCSE with Edexcel, the maximum UMS is 400 :smile:
Reply 5
Edexcel, maths gcse, 320 is a 280 b 240 c
Reply 6
please explain what you mean by 45-50 ? is that raw marks over two papers? that would mean you get roughly 100-110?
Reply 7
Yes 45-50 raw marks, so going by this on my current score I'd get something like 254-264 which is over the C limit so I am relieved I have done enough to achieve a C :smile: , Maths has been a struggle for me and Unit 3 was the worst
Reply 8
Could I just ask as well, does anyone know what is the lowest possible UMS that can be given out from Unit 3 because according to some Edexcel documentation from 2009, the lowest score was 15/120 which granted a UMS score of 90 and there is no UMS score between 0 and 90, so is the lowest possible UMS score 90 because that would seemingly add up with the 80 disrepancy between raw marks and UMS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending