The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol 2012 applicants !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
Original post by r85m916
Do you mean Mathematics with Statistics (G1GH)? If so, then yes, I have :biggrin:

Sorry, yes I meant Mathematics with Statistics G1GH.
I missed my firm, so I've accepted my insurance Bristol.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2201
Original post by albus
Sorry, yes I meant Mathematics with Statistics G1GH.
I missed my firm, so I've accepted my insurance Bristol.

Awesome :smile: Where was your firm choice, and what did they require - half a degree before even starting?? Oh, and just out of interest, what made you choose the 'with Statistics part'...?

We're a rare minority, it seems :biggrin:
Original post by catoswyn
No guarantee on Oxford acceptance next year and will have to take a year off. Bristol IMHO in terms of Psychology just as good a course anyway and has great kudos. Up to you but Bristol is a great option and great city to be a student in.

Fantastic results by the way. Well done!!!

:smile:

I know its not - but considering my AS grades were ABB its such a jump and i might try for PBS at Cambridge :smile:

Thanks !!!
hey! just got my place today (had to wait aaaaages for confirmation!) just wondering if anyone had applied this year for deferred??
Original post by Holcomb
anyone been confirmed a place for Aeronautical Engineering at Bristol???? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Me. yay :biggrin:
Reply 2205
Original post by musicman94

cool, cant wait for uni!!! do you know when we get information about our accomodation???
Hello Bristol students. I've been accepted to study Maths (G104) but it was my insurance choice. How likely is it that I'll get a place in halls, does anyone know?
Original post by Edwin Okli
Hello Bristol students. I've been accepted to study Maths (G104) but it was my insurance choice. How likely is it that I'll get a place in halls, does anyone know?

Have you applied via the online application yet? If not, do so immediately! You could get a place at some of the 'less subscribed' halls, but if not you could also get a place in a student house, which could also be quite nice. For new students that applied before the 12th of July, accommodation offers are being sent out on the 23rd. This means that many of the places are probably already set/filled. However, don't worry, just fill out the application as soon as possible.

Anyway, welcome to Bristol! :biggrin: If you have a Facebook, join the facebook group to get acquainted. We're all quite nice people. :smile:
Original post by punctuation
Have you applied via the online application yet? If not, do so immediately! You could get a place at some of the 'less subscribed' halls, but if not you could also get a place in a student house, which could also be quite nice. For new students that applied before the 12th of July, accommodation offers are being sent out on the 23rd. This means that many of the places are probably already set/filled. However, don't worry, just fill out the application as soon as possible.

Anyway, welcome to Bristol! :biggrin: If you have a Facebook, join the facebook group to get acquainted. We're all quite nice people. :smile:

I haven't been given a student number or personal ID yet since I didn't firmly accept their offer. I received an email from them on Friday saying that my Registration guide is on the way but I'm more anticipating where I'll actually be living.

Thank you for the Facebook group! I've been looking for something like that for a while now, couldn't find it anywhere.
Original post by Edwin Okli
I haven't been given a student number or personal ID yet since I didn't firmly accept their offer. I received an email from them on Friday saying that my Registration guide is on the way but I'm more anticipating where I'll actually be living.

Thank you for the Facebook group! I've been looking for something like that for a while now, couldn't find it anywhere.

Oh, I see. Good luck with everything then! I hope whatever accommodation you end up at is an enjoyable one. :smile:
Original post by Holcomb
cool, cant wait for uni!!! do you know when we get information about our accomodation???

yeh i looked on the website and i think they said they'd tell us accommodation by the 23rd august :biggrin:
where have you applied for?
Original post by musicman94

Original post by Holcomb

+1
YEAAHHHHHHH congrats! :biggrin:

WOOOOOOO!!!
Are you going!? Studying?! Accommodation application?!

SO MANY QUESTIONS D:

:biggrin:
Original post by absolutelypolly
WOOOOOOO!!!
Are you going!? Studying?! Accommodation application?!

SO MANY QUESTIONS D:

:biggrin:

Hehe. I'm going to Bristol for psychology and philosophy; Goldney ensuite first, CHH second. You? :biggrin:

:party:
Reply 2214
Congrats fellow future Bristol students!!

I'm so excited to find out my accommodation, i've already started buying plates etc i'm going with a theme haha

I'm going to study History of Art, what about everyone else :smile:
Reply 2215
Congratulations to everyone who got into Bristol!

Im doing Law and applied for Colston Street and University Hall.. can't wait to meet you all!!

Im totally dreading buying all this stuff for uni. It's gonna be a nightmare to say the least!
Hi guys!! So I got into my firm, but thanks a million for the support over the scary months. Hope everyone got whatever they wanted.. :biggrin:
Hehe. I'm going to Bristol for psychology and philosophy; Goldney ensuite first, CHH second. You? :biggrin:

:party:

B

Ooh nice!! I applied for the new Churchill rooms with hiatt baker back up. Although hiatt didn't look that great. Wanted catered as a relief for a year :smile:.

Canadian though!!! My plan if Bristol said no was to move to Canada! Must be nervous moving here?!
Original post by absolutelypolly
B

Ooh nice!! I applied for the new Churchill rooms with hiatt baker back up. Although hiatt didn't look that great. Wanted catered as a relief for a year :smile:.

Canadian though!!! My plan if Bristol said no was to move to Canada! Must be nervous moving here?!

Haha. Yeah I'm a bit nervous but mostly just excited! :biggrin:
Congratulations to everyone getting in! I'm going to be studying Archaeology (V400) Is anyone else doing that course this year?

Not long now till we get our accommodation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending