The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol 2012 applicants !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by elisan123
Got an offer for Biochemistry today (AAB) :biggrin: im so happy :smile: i love bristol

Well done, that's great :biggrin:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 781
Original post by Moiraclaire
Got an offer today at 5:00pm for Economics L100
A*AA to include Maths & Economics <3
Beautiful & thank you....

Congratulations :biggrin:
Has anyone applying to do Psychology heard back yet?
Reply 783
Original post by mastermind_107
Hahaha I don't know - my friend told me a few days ago. I hadn't really researched Bristol that well, I must admit (it's my fourth choice), so I didn't know beforehand.

I take it you think they love private school applicants?

Not love, but it is an extremely popular choice for private school applicants, and it has one of the largest percentages of private school applicants for a uni... along with leeds and exeter... so just odd to here......
Original post by elisan123
Got an offer for Biochemistry today (AAB) :biggrin: im so happy :smile: i love bristol

Congrats :smile: When did you send your UCAS off?
Reply 785
I just got an offer for sociology and it says that The institution regards me as an overseas applicant and the Offer has been made on this basis. Does this mean that they just offered me a place because I'm an overseas applicant or they're just stating it? Just wonderingggg
Original post by Ras93
I just got an offer for sociology and it says that The institution regards me as an overseas applicant and the Offer has been made on this basis. Does this mean that they just offered me a place because I'm an overseas applicant or they're just stating it? Just wonderingggg

Answer: "The institution regards me as an overseas applicant and the Offer has been made on this basis."
Anyone applying for history heard anything yet? My brother applied to Bristol to read History two years ago, and they only gave him an offer on 1st March - desperately hoping this wont happen to me!
Reply 788
Just got an offer for Biological Sciences! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Yay! I thought I'd have to wait until January to hear :P
Original post by hola_im_liv
Anyone applying for history heard anything yet? My brother applied to Bristol to read History two years ago, and they only gave him an offer on 1st March - desperately hoping this wont happen to me!

:frown:

I have bad feeling about this too.....

If they take until March I'm withdrawing my application. I need to sort my life out and actually know where I'm going to be living next year...

Good luck to both of us!
Subject: Philosophy and Economics
GCSE: 1A* 2A's 4B's 2C's
AS Results: AAA
A-Levels Achieved: A*AA
AS Prediciton: A

mitigating circumstances stopped me from my 4th AS so applying again, and on a gap year too
Original post by Ras93

Mine said that too- I think that just means they classify you as overseas for fees, visit days, accommodation. I don't think they're telling you you only got in because you're overseas, if that's what you're asking. :smile:
I've applied for Law (M100). I haven't taken the LNAT yet so it's impossible for me to get an offer, but once i've done it and if they do decide to make me an offer, Bristol may be my first choice. That or Nottingham. Exciting stuff :biggrin:
Original post by Niki_girl
:frown:

I have bad feeling about this too.....

If they take until March I'm withdrawing my application. I need to sort my life out and actually know where I'm going to be living next year...

Good luck to both of us!

Bristol are notorious for taking years to decide about History applications. If I dont hear anything by Christmas I'm withdrawing and applying elsewhere, Bristol is my insurance, so it wont matter switching. Good luck to you too, looks like we'll be needing it!
Reply 794
Original post by hola_im_liv
Bristol are notorious for taking years to decide about History applications. If I dont hear anything by Christmas I'm withdrawing and applying elsewhere, Bristol is my insurance, so it wont matter switching. Good luck to you too, looks like we'll be needing it!

Why is it so important to know so early? I'm just curious :smile:
Reply 795
Original post by Nadine10
i got an offer for econ as well! :biggrin:

Hello Nadine. Would you mind letting me know which grades you have achieved in As year? I will very appreciate it.
Reply 796
Original post by user9
Hello Nadine. Would you mind letting me know which grades you have achieved in As year? I will very appreciate it.

Hey :smile: ya sure no problems,

I aleady have and A* in Maths and an A in French (A2) and last year i got an A in Furthermaths, Physics, economics and History. I dropped history this year, and i am predicted 3A*s and an A* in EPQ.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Moiraclaire
Got an offer today at 5:00pm for Economics L100
A*AA to include Maths & Economics <3
Beautiful & thank you....

High five, got the same offer for straight Economics. Just wondering, do you go to a state or private school? I wonder why we were given the highest offer...
Reply 798
Original post by APonderingMind
High five, got the same offer for straight Economics. Just wondering, do you go to a state or private school? I wonder why we were given the highest offer...

i dont think all offers are that high, either way a big congrats!
Has anyone heard anything for English yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending