The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Original post by Catherine.
Boo. I still haven't heard anything. It's been weeks and weeks and every Monday I hope that it will be the week

Maybe this week will be the week...

Well if they're going to reply by the 31st, next week pretty much is the only option. I'm in the same boat as you so I feel your pain.
Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later, and that it's good news too. That's not too much to ask for, right?! :biggrin:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by maitai
Well if they're going to reply by the 31st, next week pretty much is the only option. I'm in the same boat as you so I feel your pain.
Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later, and that it's good news too. That's not too much to ask for, right?! :biggrin:

Haha, hear hear! :smile: What are you applying for?
Reply 2022
Original post by Catherine.
Haha, hear hear! :smile: What are you applying for?

I applied for History of Art. How about you?
Reply 2023
I know that IR is a really competitive course at St Andrews so I am quite glad that I haven't been like rejected yet. So...this week is the final week and well I can finally know :P
Reply 2024
Finally got a response!

Conditional offer AAA :biggrin:

So happy, can't wait to go visit!
Reply 2025
Original post by Quirynn
Finally got a response!

Conditional offer AAA :biggrin:

So happy, can't wait to go visit!

Congrats! :smile: What subject?
Original post by allypallywally
SAME!!! I am getting so frustrated!!!!!!!!

You should hear back soon as I finally heard about an hour ago! Conditional Offer AAA :biggrin: now I have to decide between St Andrews or King's in central London...ouch.
Reply 2027
Original post by swhiskb
Congrats! :smile: What subject?

MA Geography :smile:
Reply 2028
As genuinely happy I am for everyone that's received offers, I must admit I am just a teeny tiny jealous of you, because you're not waiting anymore! :tongue: I on the other hand am half losing my mind because it is March 26th and I still haven't heard from St Andrews. I can't speak for others, but everyone out there that are still waiting (if you exist) wouldn't you say that you're sick of thinking "maybe I'll get an answer tomorrow?" :biggrin:

(Sorry for this absolutely pointless post, just needed to feel that I wasn't alone in my torment!)
Reply 2029
Original post by Bixie
As genuinely happy I am for everyone that's received offers, I must admit I am just a teeny tiny jealous of you, because you're not waiting anymore! :tongue: I on the other hand am half losing my mind because it is March 26th and I still haven't heard from St Andrews. I can't speak for others, but everyone out there that are still waiting (if you exist) wouldn't you say that you're sick of thinking "maybe I'll get an answer tomorrow?" :biggrin:

(Sorry for this absolutely pointless post, just needed to feel that I wasn't alone in my torment!)

You are not alone! At least we know that THIS will be THE WEEK(which in fact I've been telling myself since the beginning of March :biggrin: ). oh god. I am sick of waiting, but I could easily wait until August for a response, only if it were a positive one :biggrin:
Reply 2030
Original post by lora_s
You are not alone! At least we know that THIS will be THE WEEK(which in fact I've been telling myself since the beginning of March :biggrin: ). oh god. I am sick of waiting, but I could easily wait until August for a response, only if it were a positive one :biggrin:

You know, I couldn't agree with you more. If I get a positive answer, then all the waiting will be worth it. If I get rejected...well then, I'll try the American chick-flick way of dealing with things and eat tons of ice cream! :tongue:

Only five days left!
Reply 2031
Original post by Bixie
You know, I couldn't agree with you more. If I get a positive answer, then all the waiting will be worth it. If I get rejected...well then, I'll try the American chick-flick way of dealing with things and eat tons of ice cream! :tongue:

Only five days left!

Haha totally joining you on the ice cream thing :biggrin:
Reply 2032
Original post by Bixie

I understand how you feel at the moment! I just want to know, I keep changing my hotmail!
Reply 2033
Original post by Bixie

I know exactly how you feel. I've been refreshing my email and my track like my life depended on it!
Reply 2034
Original post by faithxfaye
I understand how you feel at the moment! I just want to know, I keep changing my hotmail!

Original post by maitai
I know exactly how you feel. I've been refreshing my email and my track like my life depended on it!

It's called mail2sms :cool: Saves you the fastidious and relentless email checking abuse :tongue:
Reply 2035
Original post by warlock
It's called mail2sms :cool: Saves you the fastidious and relentless email checking abuse :tongue:

My phone notifies me whenever I get an email. But I've become so paranoid that I convince myself that my phone is broken, and that I MUST have something in my email.
St. Andrews WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!
Reply 2036
Original post by Worriedstudent1893
Unconditional today!!! Have you heard back yet? St Andrews don't seem to do it in subject order... GOOD LUCK!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Hi,

Congratulations, that's great!

Still haven't heard back unfortunately... I emailed them and their reply stated that my application is still being reviewed but that I'll definitely hear by the 31st! How slowly time is moving though...

Do you mind me asking how you did at AS? Because an unconditional offer would be my absolute dream! St Andrews is definitely my first choice!
Original post by ThreeCheers
You should hear back soon as I finally heard about an hour ago! Conditional Offer AAA :biggrin: now I have to decide between St Andrews or King's in central London...ouch.

Congratulations!!!!!
Well you couldn't choose two more polar opposite places!!!
Reply 2038
"Unfortunately you were in competition with applicants who were stronger academically. Our asking rates are high, but every year the proportion of applicants already holding, or predicted to obtain grades higher than our asking rates increases. As a result this means some highly qualified candidates have not been offered admission to the University as we simply do not have enough places."

Oh well. I wish you hadn't kept me waiting, St. Andrews!
Reply 2039
Original post by Phia7
Nooooo! :cry2:

Don't you worry about me! I'm going to go firm York now. I'm not too sad because I got an offer from a school I wanted to go to.
St. Andrews doesn't know what it's missing out on with us two :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending