The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

International Relations at St Andrew’s and applying for PPE elsewhere

We visited St A with my son today, he is looking to apply for a 2024 place to read International Relations whilst making applications elsewhere for PPE.
The Admissions Manager told us that it will be a straightforward rejection if PPE is mentioned in the PS. This leaves us with a dilemma,. St Andrew’s is the dream Uni for him, on predicted grades he has every chance, but the acceptance rate is low and he can’t throw away his chances with his other choices.
How can he write a Personal Statement without alluding to the components of PPE or Int Rel?
Reply 1
I have same problem with you, I am hesitating for giving up St. A or changing all my application to international relations. This is a tough decision..........
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by 1oak
We visited St A with my son today, he is looking to apply for a 2024 place to read International Relations whilst making applications elsewhere for PPE.
The Admissions Manager told us that it will be a straightforward rejection if PPE is mentioned in the PS. This leaves us with a dilemma,. St Andrew’s is the dream Uni for him, on predicted grades he has every chance, but the acceptance rate is low and he can’t throw away his chances with his other choices.
How can he write a Personal Statement without alluding to the components of PPE or Int Rel?

Hi, I am not sure if your son has already submitted application, but here is one option: he can apply to the joint honour programme of IR at st. andrews through CommonAPP, which won't affect his application in the UCAS. Then, he can apply to PPE at other British Uni while applying to St. Andrews IR.
Reply 3
Original post by toiz
Hi, I am not sure if your son has already submitted application, but here is one option: he can apply to the joint honour programme of IR at st. andrews through CommonAPP, which won't affect his application in the UCAS. Then, he can apply to PPE at other British Uni while applying to St. Andrews IR.

Thank you, I’m not familiar with Common App
Original post by 1oak
Thank you, I’m not familiar with Common App

the Common App is the US system of universities but various international unis use it as well, it is quite easy to sign up but there is more to fill in than on UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending