The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by lydiaahill
How many words do you reckon a 24 mark essay should be. All the essays I've written are around 1000 words and A) i can't write them in half an hour! and B) i'm struggling to cut them down :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

Should be around 2-3 sides of A4 paper - for a good mark. 1 side of AO1 is sufficient.
Reply 181
Original post by EffKayy
Should be around 2-3 sides of A4 paper - for a good mark. 1 side of AO1 is sufficient.

How's revision going effkay? Still feel down about the amount we have to remember?

Im struggling myself also
Reply 182
Does anyone here have any revision materials (AO1 but mostly AO2/AO3) for Eating behavior? Or aggression?
Many thanks
I haven't found any resources online - but have made two big mind maps of the topics: Aggression and Gender, will be making a third one for Eating Behaviour some time next week - still got Biology + Evolutionary explanations of AN to cover and the Evolutionary explanation for eating preferences.

Anyone reckon a question on 'Group Displays of Aggression' will come up? We seemed to rush through it at school - replacing Lynch Mobs with Warfare and also learning about sports event + neophobia.
Reply 184
Original post by SLlewellyn
I haven't found any resources online - but have made two big mind maps of the topics: Aggression and Gender, will be making a third one for Eating Behaviour some time next week - still got Biology + Evolutionary explanations of AN to cover and the Evolutionary explanation for eating preferences.

Anyone reckon a question on 'Group Displays of Aggression' will come up? We seemed to rush through it at school - replacing Lynch Mobs with Warfare and also learning about sports event + neophobia.

Group displays or Genetics is likely to come up. Genetics because they've only have a 4/5marker on it. And they're more likely to do a split this time for aggression, because the previous two were two full essays.
May I emphasise how warfare has NOT replaced lynch mobs, it is just replaced as an example because teachers taught lynch mobs as a social explanation, not an evolutionary explanation, so you can still use lynch mobs.
The specification clearly states: ", for example warfare and sports". This doesnt mean you have to talk about it. Lynch mobs is perfectly fine.
(edited 12 years ago)
What were the questions for the June 2011 paper for Aggression, Gender and Eating Behaviour?
Reply 186
Anyone have any predictions on what might come up for sleep? That's my hardest topic but completely unsure what is a possibility...group displays or genetics seems like the way to go for aggression but sleep is a mystery! Anyone have any guesses?
Reply 187

Please could you upload the aggression mind map as a guide?
Thanks
Reply 188
What were the questions for the June 2011 paper for Aggression, Gender and Eating Behaviour?

Aggression:
Discuss the role of neural and/or hormonal mechanisms in aggression (9+16 marks)

Discuss one or more explanations for psychological androgyny (5+8 marks)
Outline and evaluate cross-cultural studies of gender role (4+8 marks)

Eating behaviour
Outline one psychological explanation of one eating disorder (5 marks)
Outline and evaluate evolutionary explanations of food preferences (4+16marks(
Original post by Medicina
Please could you upload the aggression mind map as a guide?
Thanks

http://twitpic.com/7stsg6 - click 'enlarge' to really get a good look. The Zimbardo 'tortilla' chip study I refer to is just what we call the anonymity study with the females dressed in white sheets.

@LondonLT - thank you very much - hoping psychological explanations of eating disorders don't come up for January 2012; it's my weakness.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 190
Does anyone have an idea of the possible exam questions that could come up for GENDER??
Reply 191
I'm doing Aggression, eating behaviours and Biological rhythms and sleep. My teacher thinks for aggression the most likely one to come up is evolutionary explanations of group display because it's never come up and could also be genetic factors. I'll probably not spend too much time on the topics that came up in Januray and June 2011
Reply 192
Original post by sam_23
I'm doing Aggression, eating behaviours and Biological rhythms and sleep. My teacher thinks for aggression the most likely one to come up is evolutionary explanations of group display because it's never come up and could also be genetic factors. I'll probably not spend too much time on the topics that came up in Januray and June 2011

I think your teacher is mistaken,
Evolutionary explanations of aggression was in the June 2010 exam.
See this thread for details: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1864774
Reply 193
Read again what I said. I said evolutionary explanations of group display.
Reply 194
*group display as an adaptive response. It's never come up so my teacher thinks it could be this one
Reply 195
Do many questions come up in a and b parts? I have just been looking at 24 markers. Im doing aggression, biological rhymths and relationships
Reply 196
http://twitpic.com/7stsg6 - click 'enlarge' to really get a good look. The Zimbardo 'tortilla' chip study I refer to is just what we call the anonymity study with the females dressed in white sheets.

@LondonLT - thank you very much - hoping psychological explanations of eating disorders don't come up for January 2012; it's my weakness.

my teacher teaching us INTELLIGENCE- which is like a new topic :frown: so limited on past papers....

and i dont want ultradian on biological- the whole REM and NREM is my weakness! but i keep thinking - i hate it so wont touch it. but thenn if it comes up im screwed.

3 exams in january... less than a month!
Reply 197
im not sure how to add documents; but i have some essays that my teacher gave 24/24 if its relevant to anyonee?
Depending on the topics, I'd be very much grateful if you were to upload them.

To upload, click 'Go advanced' when typing a new post and click the paper clip icon to attach the documents.
I'm doing Biological Rhythms, Relationships and Perception...

Relationships - My favourite topic and feeling most confident about :smile:
Perception - Not too bad as its a short topic but confusing in a few parts :redface:
Biological Rhythms- Scared ****less. :frown:

Anyone got any tips for Bio Rhythms?? Or does everyone dislike it as much as I do?? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending