The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Hollz♥
ok thankyou! so just under 2 months away, hmm.

how many studies did you put to support your theories for aggression? It was so awkwardly split I rammed in 3 plus numerous other issues/debates and examples why it may not be adaptive... :s-smilie:
Reply 1981
Original post by Mephestic

how many studies did you put to support your theories for aggression? It was so awkwardly split I rammed in 3 plus numerous other issues/debates and examples why it may not be adaptive... :s-smilie:

I put in lynch mobbing, describing in details with lots of evalution then not so good at doing shia muslims self flaggelation, but still commentary, im thinking only 18/20, not exactly so much to write about but yknow :smile:
Reply 1982
For the relationship breakdown question, were you supposed to have discussed the models (Duck's 4 Phase Model and Gottman's 2 Stage Model)? Because the question said 'discuss research into' so I thought you had to use only research studies. But a lot of my class talked about the models only.
Reply 1983
Original post by Hollz♥
I put in lynch mobbing, describing in details with lots of evalution then not so good at doing shia muslims self flaggelation, but still commentary, im thinking only 18/20, not exactly so much to write about but yknow :smile:

man i only put one example of lynch mobs and used two explanations (power-threat and dehumanisation) to describe it and then evaluated it with 3 studies + IDA...you think thats sufficient? :s-smilie:
Reply 1984
Original post by lp94
For the relationship breakdown question, were you supposed to have discussed the models (Duck's 4 Phase Model and Gottman's 2 Stage Model)? Because the question said 'discuss research into' so I thought you had to use only research studies. But a lot of my class talked about the models only.

im not sure to be honest...i just outlines the stages with brief description then added studies..

So I basically put ducks model with little descriptions throughout and then evaluated it at the end with supporting studies or those that went against...plus IDA's.. :s-smilie:
Original post by lp94

I only did Duck and I put in the research that he did in support of his theory then evaluated that I had run out of time to do Lee or Gottman :/
Loved that exam :smile: apart from eating behaviour ugh!
Reply 1987
Original post by EffKayy
Im only revealing the questions that im doing sooo SHUSH YEAAHH..

Aggression:
Outline one explanation for institutional aggression (4)
Outline and evaluate the role of genetic factors in aggression (4+16)

Eating behaviours:
Discuss two or more factors influencing attitudes to food and eating behaviour (8 +16)

Outline and evaluate evolutionary explanations in gender development (8+16)

HAVE FUNNNNNNNNN

ONLY ONE YOU GOT RIGHT. THATS IT! :mad:
Reply 1988
Why in gods world would you ask social in gender over 3 times?!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:
Reply 1989
Original post by hollz♥
i put in lynch mobbing, describing in details with lots of evalution then not so good at doing shia muslims self flaggelation, but still commentary, im thinking only 18/20, not exactly so much to write about but yknow :smile:

but it asked for 'evolution'!!! :angry:
Im so ****ing stressed. So much for 100ums :frown:
Reply 1991

im not sure to be honest...i just outlines the stages with brief description then added studies..

So I basically put ducks model with little descriptions throughout and then evaluated it at the end with supporting studies or those that went against...plus IDA's.. :s-smilie:

But surely if they just wanted you to describe and evaluate the models, the question would have been 'Discuss theories of breakdown' and not 'Discuss research into'. I spent so much time worrying about how to answer it that I ended up running out of time.
I described Gottman's longitudinal study into the two communication styles and evaluated that, then talked about Kurdek and Huston and Schwartz's findings about same sex couples because they were the only 'research studies' I could remember. Man, I've screwed that up.
They asked biological explanations for eating 3times in a row as evolutionary is biological too :frown:

Oh well. Im resitting
Original post by Hollz♥

Original post by Hollz♥
does anyone know what date in march we get the results? :smile:

According to my school: March 8
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1994
Original post by EffKayy
Im so ****ing stressed. So much for 100ums :frown:

Same here. I'm supposed to get an A* overall, but I reckon I'll be lucky to get a B on that paper.
Definitely resitting in June.
Reply 1995
Original post by EffKayy
They asked biological explanations for eating 3times in a row as evolutionary is biological too :frown:

Oh well. Im resitting

:angry: :angry: I want to punch someone. :rant:
****s sake im so ****ing upset.

Im looking at basic bands ATM.

My life fckin sucks
Reply 1997
WHY THE **** WOULD YOU ASK THE SAME QUESTION OVER THREE TIMES!!
I DIDN'T EVEN ANSWER 2 questions :mad:
Original post by Hogwartz
ONLY ONE YOU GOT RIGHT. THATS IT! :mad:

Technically the question on institutional aggression asked for research, not necessarily explanations - so he didn't get any right.

I wasn't TOO disappointed with the questions - the aggression ones were a little annoying (4 marks for I.A was pretty irritating) - not sure if I mentioned enough research for 4 marks (Sykes and Irwin & Cressey).

Eating was a godly question - planned out my response to that so many times, so should get a good mark for it. As for gender, the questions were just irritating again - 'the importance of social influences on gender' (go away!) It was literally just me kitchen-sinking it about reductionism/determinism/no control/passivity and I think I mentioned one study from Morgan (1972) about TV.

The benefit of hard questions = lower grade boundaries.
Original post by Hollz♥
does anyone know what date in march we get the results? :smile:

Results day is 8th March.

See here: http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/advice/results-day.php

Latest

Trending

Trending