The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by DeelyBopper
lynch mobs and religious rituals are fine to talk about! The example of lynch mobs has been removed, but it still remains creditworthy and is completely viable. You just need to make sure to show that lynch mob behaviour is adaptive. I think theres a plan explaining it a few pages back in this thread :smile:

Im so confused about this! How do i make sure that lynch mob behaviour is adaptive. Has anyone written a model answer on this topic? Can you link me to this plan you talk about please, Much Aprreciated
Original post by Mr.mAddd
you will not gain any marks by talking about social explantions of group displays i.e lynch mobs and religious rituals. It has been removed from the specification, lynch mobs has been replaced with warfare. Everything you have learnt is irrelevant im afraid.

My teacher said she has spoken to the examiner's and they said that lynch mobs and religious rituals can still be used as examples of group display as long as they are linked to evolutionary view. So she was saying to link reproductive success of religious groups to their display of aggressive behaviour. But I am still not sure how to link these
Original post by JosephHoneywood
Guys, can someone please confirm to me that this exam is out of 72 marks or 75 marks.

I know the spec. changed, but my teacher seems to think that it isn't for our year...

Each topic is now out of 24 marks (8 AO1 and 16 AO2/3) so 3 x 24 = 72 marks. This has been confirmed and will first be evident in the exam on Thursday. Doesn't affect anything really, the quality of the AO1 still needs to be the same.
Original post by DeelyBopper
lynch mobs and religious rituals are fine to talk about! The example of lynch mobs has been removed, but it still remains creditworthy and is completely viable. You just need to make sure to show that lynch mob behaviour is adaptive. I think theres a plan explaining it a few pages back in this thread :smile:

So if we link lynch mob behaviour to increase reproductive success and maintain strength and longevity of the group.. would that be fine? And religious rituals as well
Original post by SLlewellyn
Each topic is now out of 24 marks (8 AO1 and 16 AO2/3) so 3 x 24 = 72 marks. This has been confirmed and will first be evident in the exam on Thursday. Doesn't affect anything really, the quality of the AO1 still needs to be the same.

I know it doesn't really change much, but the argument between me and my teacher can finally be settled. She strongly believes that the changes aren't meant for our year...

So the other changes such as the removal of parent-offspring conflict count as changes to our exam as well? As she made us revise it the other day, ¬¬
Im so confused about this! How do i make sure that lynch mob behaviour is adaptive. Has anyone written a model answer on this topic? Can you link me to this plan you talk about please, Much Aprreciated

Original post by Bubbles2109
So if we link lynch mob behaviour to increase reproductive success and maintain strength and longevity of the group.. would that be fine? And religious rituals as well

look at EffKayy's original post theres a document explaining lynch mobs as adaptive.
Original post by EffKayy
Here you go - typed for you aha at 2.41am wow :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 986
Original post by Bubbles2109
My teacher said she has spoken to the examiner's and they said that lynch mobs and religious rituals can still be used as examples of group display as long as they are linked to evolutionary view. So she was saying to link reproductive success of religious groups to their display of aggressive behaviour. But I am still not sure how to link these

Yes thats my problem as well, how the **** do you link it with evolutionary explanations. Any help would be appreciated
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 987
Original post by EffKayy
Here you go - typed for you aha at 2.41am wow :P

Thanks for this!!! :smile:
Reply 988
What are the rough grade boundaries? xx
Reply 989
Thanks for this!!! :smile:

Haha hope it helped. I was explaining this to a friend today too, as if you don't refer to evolution your mark can drop significantly.

So stressed!!!!
Reply 990
Original post by Jem_x
What are the rough grade boundaries? xx

Around mid 40s to secure an A which isnt too hard
Reply 991
Original post by EffKayy

What's the raw mark, roughly?
Reply 992
Sorry if this has been mentioned already but has anybody heard about this business of not being able to mention any research in A01? Our teacher only told us recently so now I'm having to go through all my notes and make sure I have no research or even names of researchers in A01/description
Reply 993
Original post by Fatcho10
Sorry if this has been mentioned already but has anybody heard about this business of not being able to mention any research in A01? Our teacher only told us recently so now I'm having to go through all my notes and make sure I have no research or even names of researchers in A01/description

What? :s
Research can be used in different ways
Reply 994
genderrrrr please? anyonee:L
Reply 995
Original post by EffKayy

Wow, so only like 48/72 for an A? That's not as bad as I thought! x
Original post by Jem_x
Wow, so only like 48/72 for an A? That's not as bad as I thought! x

if thats true then my teachers have defffoooo lied to all of us! haha
Reply 997
Original post by Abbycadabra
They've asked that as well, it seems like they've asked everything and now going to repeat something :confused: but who knoooooows... :s-smilie: x

Have they?? When :/ just hope it's not a horrible one
Reply 998
For some reason I'm not feeling stressed about this exam....I came home form school and watched tv for 3 hours...I came on this and everyone's stress has had a contagion feet on me ...thank goodness now I can start revision....
Anyone want to recall essays at the same time?
Yes thats my problem as well, how the f/uck do you link it with evolutionary explanations. Any help would be appreciated

She keeps telling me to link reproductive success to group success. So groups adapt particular types of behaviour to maximise and maintain their group strength and longevity. This increases their reproductive success as more members are able to survive and reproduce. E.g. for Lynch mobs link this to e.g homicide and aggressive assault.
This is what my teacher suggested me, but if anyone can come up with a better explanation..

Latest

Trending

Trending