;(
Reply 1381
I'd reccommend this site for handy revision stuff:

Get Revising
Original post by EffKayy
;(

me too :frown:
Original post by Rachroo
Ah, I see :frown: I was determined to do well this year. Not only did I fail last year, but when I started college I was already two years behind cause I dropped out of sixth form in 2007 when I first started. It's just upsetting to think that I'm 21 and I still haven't finished my A levels yet :frown: I've been revising for 5 exams since September haha :biggrin:

People are 26 and they are doing A Levels, 21 is really young. Luckily even tho I failed in my 2nd year in sixth form, im still 18 :biggrin:...exam resits are EXPENSIVE for external candidates !
Reply 1384
Original post by needhelp...
People are 26 and they are doing A Levels, 21 is really young. Luckily even tho I failed in my 2nd year in sixth form, im still 18 :biggrin:...exam resits are EXPENSIVE for external candidates !

I know! :frown: Mine cost nearly £500 :eek: but it has been nice to have the time to have a job as well instead of being restricted to college times...
Original post by Rachroo
I know! :frown: Mine cost nearly £500 :eek: but it has been nice to have the time to have a job as well instead of being restricted to college times...

:eek::eek::eek::eek: SHOCKING...yh atleast we could work, but I had too quit my job for the exams :frown:
Original post by DeelyBopper
me too :frown:

I'm resitting this exam in June. I've decided..

Hahaaaa I need higher than 90umsss
how many many marks is needed to get an A. The paper is out of 72 marks isnt it
Reply 1388
Original post by Mr.mAddd
how many many marks is needed to get an A. The paper is out of 72 marks isnt it

I think an A is around the 78-80% mark, so that would be somewhere near 60 I suppose :s-smilie:
Does anybody know expected topics to come up for Intelligence and Biological Rhythms?
has anyone got any essays on the influence of childhood on adult relationships
Original post by emilysadlerx
oh my godddd why does one of my textbooks have 'influence of adolescent experiences on adult relationships' i swear its just childhood experiences on adult relationships? it doesnt say it on the specc????

I've been told that adolescent experiences has been removed from the spec... so need not to worry :biggrin: x
EATING = factors influencing attitudes to food
success or failute of dieting
biological explanations

AGGRESSION = roles of genetic factors
evolutionary explanations of group displays
genetic factors in group behaviour

Thats what i personally will be revising more indepthly but what does everyone think the questions will be for BIOLOGICAL RHYTMS AND SLEEP ?
Original post by Rachroo
I think an A is around the 78-80% mark, so that would be somewhere near 60 I suppose :s-smilie:

its 80% UMS however raw marks its been as low as 57% before (that's like 45 marks!) so an average of 17 per essay is an A - so that makes it 51 ish for an A :smile:

Original post by EffKayy
I'm resitting this exam in June. I've decided..

Hahaaaa I need higher than 90umsss

you'll be fiiine.

you'll be on this thread in march like '100 ums, no big deal' and I'll be sitting here with my E... haha :smile:
Reply 1394
Original post by emilysadlerx
oh my godddd why does one of my textbooks have 'influence of adolescent experiences on adult relationships' i swear its just childhood experiences on adult relationships? it doesnt say it on the specc????

I don't think they changed any of the textbooks this year, even though they changed the specification :rolleyes: pretty stupid of them if you ask me, unless that was done to trip people up...
Reply 1395
Original post by salad_fingers

Original post by salad_fingers
In Bloosmbury?

yer like a month ago
Reply 1396
Original post by DeelyBopper
its 80% UMS however raw marks its been as low as 57% before (that's like 45 marks!) so an average of 17 per essay is an A - so that makes it 51 ish for an A :smile:

Surely it can't be as low as 51 for an A...I'm pretty sure A grades are at about 80% :confused:
Reply 1397
Original post by threeletters

Original post by threeletters
EATING = factors influencing attitudes to food
success or failute of dieting
biological explanations

AGGRESSION = roles of genetic factors
evolutionary explanations of group displays
genetic factors in group behaviour

Thats what i personally will be revising more indepthly but what does everyone think the questions will be for BIOLOGICAL RHYTMS AND SLEEP ?

I think evolutionary theories of the function of sleep will come up.
whats genetic factors in group behaviour?
Original post by Rachroo
Surely it can't be as low as 51 for an A...I'm pretty sure A grades are at about 80% :confused:

go and look on the aqa site - its 80% UMS, thats scaled marks (out of 100)

RAW marks are out of 72

and 51 is the (average) grade for an A - it HAS been as low as 45 , and its been as high as 54.

they scale the RAW mark to a UMS mark, depending on how well everyone else did/how hard the question is.

e.g. one year 58 RAW could be 90 UMS, another year 58 could be 80 UMS, depending on the hard-ness of the questions and stuff.
oh i meant genetic factors in aggressive behavior sorry !!!

Latest

Trending

Trending