The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by Alofleicester
How'd you get Genesect?

Mystery gift via WiFi, I assumed there'd be a free download to celebrate the release of Black & White 2 and I was right :yep:
Original post by paddy
Mystery gift via WiFi, I assumed there'd be a free download to celebrate the release of Black & White 2 and I was right :yep:

Ah, not sure why but mine won't connect to WiFi (wireless or Nintendo WFC), *******s.
Reply 1182
Ah, not sure why but mine won't connect to WiFi (wireless or Nintendo WFC), *******s.

Are you using a Nintendo DS Lite or similar? They don't connect to most WiFi networks (I've got a 3DS).
Original post by paddy
Are you using a Nintendo DS Lite or similar? They don't connect to most WiFi networks (I've got a 3DS).

Yep. Bit **** if that's the reason mind - fairly certain it's getting signal (the c-gear signal bar is usually fairly good), so the inability to connect is naff.
Yep. Bit **** if that's the reason mind - fairly certain it's getting signal (the c-gear signal bar is usually fairly good), so the inability to connect is naff.

If it's an original DS or DS Lite, temporarily change your network security to WEP (Or none at all) and you'll be able to connect then [=
Right, well I've no idea how to do that, and at the moment I'm on halls wifi so I can't really change security settings... Reckon it'll run for about a month after the release date (I'll be back at home in a couple of weeks)?
Right, well I've no idea how to do that, and at the moment I'm on halls wifi so I can't really change security settings... Reckon it'll run for about a month after the release date (I'll be back at home in a couple of weeks)?

Yeah if it's in halls it's all going to be admin controlled :erm: It's running until November 12th in the US so you should be ok [=
Reply 1187
Just going through the new desert place now :teeth:

Team is now:

Lucario lv 22
Sigilyph lv 20
Growlithe lv 20
Genesect lv 20
Braviary lv 25
Servine lv 19

Just randomly found a level 25 Braviary, no big deal :mmm: Ditching my starter as per usual (I have never made it to the Elite 4 in gen 5 with my starter, these starters suck balls), but not sure if I'll keep Braviary or Genesect.

Got Sigilyph on the Pokemon dream radar so it has the Tinted Lens ability :coma:
Original post by paddy
Just going through the new desert place now :teeth:

Team is now:

Lucario lv 22
Sigilyph lv 20
Growlithe lv 20
Genesect lv 20
Braviary lv 25
Servine lv 19

Just randomly found a level 25 Braviary, no big deal :mmm: Ditching my starter as per usual (I have never made it to the Elite 4 in gen 5 with my starter, these starters suck balls), but not sure if I'll keep Braviary or Genesect.

Got Sigilyph on the Pokemon dream radar so it has the Tinted Lens ability :coma:

I Bloody hate that pokemon with a passion

and no matter what I always keep my starter in my party at all times I have never placed it in a box
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1189
Original post by JordanS94
I Bloody hate that pokemon with a passion

and no matter what I always keep my starter in my party at all times I have never placed it in a box

I know it's such a bitch :mmm:

As for my starter, I actually like Emboar but not enough to spare a space on my team for it. Serperior is just boring and the water one is just AWFUL.
Reply 1190
First game I ever didn't pick the grass. I figured I got a serperior for white, so I don't need it this time...
Original post by paddy
I know it's such a bitch :mmm:

As for my starter, I actually like Emboar but not enough to spare a space on my team for it. Serperior is just boring and the water one is just AWFUL.

i hate emboar... its the only one i hate :L
I need a water pokemon in my team but my team is too good to get rid of one :frown:
I'm kind of finding Pokemon White 2 a little boring. :erm: It's nice that there are some decent wild pokemon (Riolu, Elekid etc)... but that's about it.

Spoiler

I found the first White a bit rubbish though in terms of story line. And for wild pokemon in particular.
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh, one thing that actually made me smile about this game - did anyone catch what the girl said, stood on the raised platform over the water in Humilau City?

Spoiler

Just battle Misty :love: her stramie was faster than my serperior :eek:
Reply 1195
i hate emboar... its the only one i hate :L
I need a water pokemon in my team but my team is too good to get rid of one :frown:

I haven't had a water pokémon in my team since Diamond/Pearl, the water pokés in Black/White were all mega crap tbh.

I might see if I can get a Staryu via Dream Radar :holmes:

Original post by aliluvschoc
I'm kind of finding Pokemon White 2 a little boring. :erm: It's nice that there are some decent wild pokemon (Riolu, Elekid etc)... but that's about it.

Spoiler

I found the first White a bit rubbish though in terms of story line. And for wild pokemon in particular.

I'm only in Driftveil but so far I'm really enjoying it :yep:

Have you found that all your Pokémon are under levelled compared to the first 5 or so gyms? When I challenged Elesa, my Pokémon were all ~ lv 23 :/

My team as it stands after bearing Clay is:

Lucario lv 31
Growlithe lv 30
Sigilyph lv 30
Genesect lv 30
Deerling lv 32
Volcarona lv 35
Original post by paddy
I haven't had a water pokémon in my team since Diamond/Pearl, the water pokés in Black/White were all mega crap tbh.

I might see if I can get a Staryu via Dream Radar :holmes:

You can get Staryu wild anyway :biggrin: and I have a lapras but i just can't decide what to get rid of :/ ... nice team :wink:
Beat the Elite Four, my current team:

Emboar lvl 64
Haxorus lv 63
Wailord lvl 59
Electabuzz lvl 64
Hydregion lvl 66
Cobalion lvl 67
Beat the Elite Four, my current team:

Emboar lvl 64
Haxorus lv 63
Wailord lvl 59
Electabuzz lvl 64
Hydregion lvl 66
Cobalion lvl 67

That was your team for the elite 4? at them levels? god you must have walked through the league :lol: mine were about 58-61 when I did it :smile: Nice team :smile: I think yours is the only team I haven't seen with a lucario :lol: try white tree hollow :wink: its so awesome :smile:
That was your team for the elite 4? at them levels? god you must have walked through the league :lol: mine were about 58-61 when I did it :smile: Nice team :smile: I think yours is the only team I haven't seen with a lucario :lol: try white tree hollow :wink: its so awesome :smile:

Cobalion was a level lower - single sweeping the Dark side did wonders for levelling him up.

I spent ages training them up in Victory road while looking for a Zweilous, then spent quite a while training that up because I desperately wanted a Hydregion. My plan now is to train up a load more, I've just attempted to battle N to get his Reshiram and been fairly comprehensively beaten.

Might go and try the White Forest actually.

Quick Reply

Latest