The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

I loved pokémon! Still do but the new generations aren't as good :sadnod: they're so unimaginative...

I love the older ones though! Anything before and including diamond and pearl were just :love:
Original post by Kallisto
I wonder what the pokemon type of Ninfia is. I take it that it is not Pyschic, as all kinds of evolution of Eevee were different so far and Espeon is an Psychic pokemon. Moreover there is not a type which fits to Ninfia. So I guess it must be a new one. By the way Glaceon is still my favorite Evolution.

I think it's going to be a Normal type. I doubt they'll introduce any new types and like you said there's no obvious reference to any other current type. Also, at a stretch, the "scarf" it's wearing could be a reference to the item Silk Scarf, which boosts the power of Normal type moves, so it could be a "trade with [x] item" evolution :holmes:
It also has the same moves Eevee learns through evolving that the others can only learn through breeding: Trump Card and Double Edge. It does look normal and if it wasn't they should have showcased type specific moves :frown:
BTW, Ninfia is now known as Sylveon in English
[video="youtube;Wrg5f1bKcZg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wrg5f1bKcZg[/video]
hmmm Sylveon is a tough one to figure out :s-smilie: the eyes are larger and different that the other eeveeloutions.
Is that a sign of it being different or not. I personally think it will be a dual type now of Flying/Normal since there is only one pure Flying type which is Tornadus and that is legendary so if it is flying I would say it would have two types.

I have been tying to to find out what Sylv could be related too as well, I found nothing since the closest thing I can fing is Sylvester Stalone :facepalm: and I highly doubt that is likely and it would most likely be Fighting type if it is :lol: and Sylveon looks like no fighting type to me.
Original post by marcusmerehay
My initial thought is that it's a Normal-type.
(...)

I would love to know how look a ground, rock or steel type. That would be really interesting to see. :biggrin: There are some types which might fit to Eevee well: flying (in my imagination it looks like a pegasus a little), ghost and poison.

Very well combined, Sherlock! Nevertheless I think that a normal type is redundant especially considering that Eevee is an one!
I don't know if any of you have seen TheNationalDex on Youtube yet but they're really good they started like a month ago, anyone who wants to know a really good strategy for a Pokemon and just some facts about that Pokemon you should watch :smile:

[video="youtube;DdGADTPtXCk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdGADTPtXCk[/video]
Original post by JordanS94
I don't know if any of you have seen TheNationalDex on Youtube yet but they're really good they started like a month ago, anyone who wants to know a really good strategy for a Pokemon and just some facts about that Pokemon you should watch :smile:

[video="youtube;DdGADTPtXCk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdGADTPtXCk[/video]

It's a nice idea, but they're literally copying everything from Bulbapedia on the facts/trivia side and Smogon for competitive stuff. And it's a bit cheesey for my liking too :erm:
On the subject of competitive stuff, Piloswine is ridiculous in NU. It checks and counters about 70% of the tier.
Are you referring the the max hp/ max attack tank set with ice/ground STAB, priority and SR? If it wasn't for the numerous bulky water types that also lurk in NU, I would definitely call it imbalanced. An interesting gimmick is to run endeavour and ice shard, which can effectively remove an opposing pokemon from the game. Since as the usual switch ins to Piloswine are bulky waters (which are important), this can cause a lot of problems for many NU teams.
Original post by Llewellyn
Are you referring the the max hp/ max attack tank set with ice/ground STAB, priority and SR? If it wasn't for the numerous bulky water types that also lurk in NU, I would definitely call it imbalanced. An interesting gimmick is to run endeavour and ice shard, which can effectively remove an opposing pokemon from the game. Since as the usual switch ins to Piloswine are bulky waters (which are important), this can cause a lot of problems for many NU teams.

The very same, although my team enjoys bulky waters as they're setup bait for my Dragonair. A set with Stone Edge, Earthquake and Ice Shard seems to plough through everything else, I've 6-0'd a couple of (admittedly poor) players with it, no switching at all, today.

Found a team that I'm really loving, approaching the top 100 on the ladder after a few hours play and that'll only speed up once I've worked out a couple of kinks in the build. Hoping to break onto the ladder tomorrow.
Original post by Bude8
Never noticed but Virizion has Xs in his eyes

Alpacamon!

Don't click it!

Spoiler

good spot bro.
Just hit 1700 on the NU Pokemon Showdown Ladder =D It's a pain in the ass when most people give you about +2 per win, getting onto the ladder proper is going to be a major uphill struggle.
Reply 1373
I've recently restarted my platinum game,and I just beat Candice (quite easily with Rapidash until she unleashed her Froslass, god that thing is a nightmare with its ability+hail+double team). Anyway about to start the whole galactic HQ thing I currently have:

Oslo the Empoleon lv40
Pompeii the Rapidash lv40
Hague the Drifblim lv39
Kyoto the Gabite lv38
Honolulu the Gardevoir lv38
Sherwood the Tangrowth lv38
When are the new pokemon games coming out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamiesonn
When are the new pokemon games coming out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

October 2013 for worldwide release i think
Anyone who wants to watch some free Pokemon episodes for free there has been an app called Pokemon TV it has random episodes on there I don't know why them episodes and I don't know how often it is updated but theres like 50 episodes on there :biggrin:
Original post by Mr.Nor
I've recently restarted my platinum game,and I just beat Candice (quite easily with Rapidash until she unleashed her Froslass, god that thing is a nightmare with its ability+hail+double team). Anyway about to start the whole galactic HQ thing I currently have:

Oslo the Empoleon lv40
Pompeii the Rapidash lv40
Hague the Drifblim lv39
Kyoto the Gabite lv38
Honolulu the Gardevoir lv38
Sherwood the Tangrowth lv38

That team is pretty much the same as mine except I chose Chimchar so I have Infernape and I have Gyarados instead of Rapidash
Reply 1378
Original post by JordanS94
That team is pretty much the same as mine except I chose Chimchar so I have Infernape and I have Gyarados instead of Rapidash

I normally use Infernape when I go through Sinnoh but I've never really used Empoleon before so I though I'd give it a go..
What do you all think about the difficulty of B&W2? Usually on a pokemon game i'd have to lose against the league at least once (or at least grind a little bit!) to beat the league but the other day after 3 months without playing I left humilau with levels 53-54 and 4 hour later i'd beaten the league first try :confused:

The games must be getting easier, I'm sure as hell that I'm not getting better!

Quick Reply

Latest