The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanS94
Charizard is back in the anime :biggrin: It's the next episode in Japan, I don;t watch the anime any more but I may watch this one XD

Why does he never use his original pokemon any more? He could have maybe won an league or two by now.
Original post by Guru Jason
Nostalgia contributes greatly but it has got to be the line from Blue as the champion that make it a great game for me. I was thinking about it recently and it's the line where he goes;

"I was looking forward to seeing you, Red. My rival should be strong to keep me sharp. While working on my PokéDex, I looked all over for Pokémon. Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type. And now... I'm the Pokémon League Champion! Red! Do you know what that means? I'll tell you. I am the most powerful Trainer in the world!"

The bit in bold especially made me more motivated as a kid to beat him :tongue:

Gary Oak (or Blue) was indeed brilliant :tongue: I love how he is always waiting right at the end of a huge route/ cave/ no. of boss battles. And I love his attitude.

Come to think of it, all the recent games lack a good rival. Although they're probably doing that on purpose to let it appeal to a larger demographic.
Original post by Llewellyn
Gary Oak (or Blue) was indeed brilliant :tongue: I love how he is always waiting right at the end of a huge route/ cave/ no. of boss battles. And I love his attitude.

Come to think of it, all the recent games lack a good rival. Although they're probably doing that on purpose to let it appeal to a larger demographic.

For me the best rival is Silver: he's evil, simple as. He hates you and knows nothing about you. A proper baddie.
Furthest I've been is Ruby/Emerald, purely because of the completely new Pokémon created for all games after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scott129
NEW POKEMON HAS BEEN RELEASED!

newmewtwo_610.jpg

And, as you can see, it has something to do with Mewtwo. We're still not sure what though but to me, it looks like a younger version. I also think it looks pretty cool. Hated the idea when the scan was released but I'm interested to see how we get it and how it ties in.

Thoughts?

It's too different to be a younger mewtwo physiologically, the tail is on the back of its head :lolwut:

I'm hoping that it's not a new form though, I want there to be another great back story to this new Mew pokemon to do with cloning. If it is an new Mewtwo form I call Speed form.

The rumour I've seen going round is that it's "Godspeed form"

It's forme, not form :fuhrer:
I'm thinking it's another attempt to clone or harness the power of mew/two.
Plasma altered a pokemon to create genesect and it is within that movie that mewtwo reappears.

Also the Japanese artwork of the titles appear to have a section of DNA on, this ties in with XandY (although I understand it is supposed to do with axis as well) 1357647787007.png

These hints to genetics lead me to believe it is another synthetically man-made altogether new pokemon.
If it counts I did put forme initially but spell check said it was wrong :colondollar:
True, although I was referring more to it's sleeker and more modern appearance. For the record, I wasn't implying it was a pre-evo, just a comparison :tongue:
True, although I was referring more to it's sleeker and more modern appearance. For the record, I wasn't implying it was a pre-evo, just a comparison :tongue:

I know, I just think they're a bit too different to be compared as direct descendants, either in age or evolutionary difference :yep:
How fitting that I should find this thread after playing Pokemon Fire Red on my GBASP.

Often, when I think of the years that have passed, I think about the things that I used to love that I don't do as much. Playing Pokemon is one of those things. It is one of those things that will always make me miss the years gone :moon:
CoroCoro have confirmed that it is indeed a new forme of Mewtwo, not a new pokemon. Although this is Mewtwo having "awakened" if the next movie title is anything to go by, so hopefully that means it will be all the more awesome, because Mewtwo is already one of the most dangerous pokes in the game (Does anyone here play on Pokemon Showdown/Pokemon Online, by the way?). Game Freak are trending towards introducing increasingly monolithic stat lines á la the Kyurem formes, so it's likely.
I don't watch the anime anymore, (I read up on what's going on from time to time) but...

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Does anyone here still play the TCG?
Reply 1413
Original post by SloaneRanger
Does anyone here still play the TCG?

Yes I love it, but I normally play online on the TCGO though these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luhar
Yes I love it, but I normally play online on the TCGO though these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooo, Im just waiting for the new set to come it looks like a good one, need points for Nats :frown:
A new event has gone up :smile: Level 100 Deoxys :biggrin:
A new event has gone up :smile: Level 100 Deoxys :biggrin:

Nice one, thanks for the reminder!
Original post by PoGo HoPz

Nice parody to the Pokemon games. I was amused when I watched it for the first time. Thanks to posted here.
[video="youtube;xMnwB6neGlY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xMnwB6neGlY[/video]

I am too excited :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest