The Student Room Group

AS Results...advice please! (Chemistry)

__
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
I got an overall B in chemistry.
I'd say the A2 exams are a lot harder than the AS so if I were you I'd resit the ASs in Jan.
Reply 2
If you really want to study it, and there's nothing else you'd like to study, then go for it. Resit the modules in January and push for the A. Top universities may be wary of giving you an offer though. The fact you got Bs across the modules means that you're probably a B student for Chemistry, so you should seriously consider how you would cope with the much more demanding course at university.
Reply 3
Ok, firstly, not sure about Chemistry degrees and their entry requirements but if you can get predicted an A you should be alright for getting an offer.
I had a B at AS, my exams were WJEC and I needed 240/300 for an A, I had 234. I resat in January and got that up to 251 and after resitting the practical got that up to 267 from AS. At the same time I was obviously sitting my A2 exams and I had As in these and ended up with 505/600 overall (needing 480 for an A). Alot of the content does overlap in some of the modules so while revising A2 it was actually good revision for AS resits. Hope that helps.
Reply 4
At AS I got AABB. One of the B's was in chemistry. I applied for chemistry and got offers. Personally I found it all clicked more when I did A2 and got an A* in chemistry in the end.

So in short don't be downhearted about it. You can still get offers etc. and you will be fine.
Reply 5
:smile: Thanks guys! I think I'll probably not resit and just work my socks off next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending