The Student Room Group

Brampton Manor vs NCS

Hey everyone,

Before I enrol for sixth form tomorrow, I want to know which sixth form do you guys consider better overall and please do say why. Brampton Manor Academy or Newham Collegiate Sixth Form?

Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Ishti54
Hey everyone,

Before I enrol for sixth form tomorrow, I want to know which sixth form do you guys consider better overall and please do say why. Brampton Manor Academy or Newham Collegiate Sixth Form?

Thank you.

What were your results?
Reply 2
Original post by JamesJja
What were your results?

Maths - 8
Chem - 9
Physics - 8 (idk how)
Biology - 8
History - 8 (Germany paper 🙄)
Computer Science - 8 (Idk how, thought I did really good)
Business - 9
Eng Lang - 9
Eng Lit - 6 (getting it remarked, 3 marks away from 7)
I’m going to study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics
Reply 3
Original post by Ishti54
Hey everyone,

Thank you.

Have you heard back from both schools yet??
Reply 4
Original post by Ishti54
Hey everyone,

Thank you.

Which have u decided on?
Reply 5
Original post by fdpe
Have you heard back from both schools yet??

I enrolled to NCS but couldn’t do further maths Cus I didn’t get a 9 in maths (got an 8🙃) so I replaced it with politics. Should I do chemistry instead?
Brampton invited me late, I’m on my way there but idk if there will be any spaces for my chosen subjects there. Any advice? And hbu guys?
Reply 6
Original post by Ishti54
I enrolled to NCS but couldn’t do further maths Cus I didn’t get a 9 in maths (got an 8🙃) so I replaced it with politics. Should I do chemistry instead?
Brampton invited me late, I’m on my way there but idk if there will be any spaces for my chosen subjects there. Any advice? And hbu guys?

At the end of the day, the school you end up choosing has a limited bearing on your final A2 grade, it is mostly down to yourself. Chemistry is also more versatile than politics in my experience.
Hey
This is for someone who has went LAE Tottenham or Brampton Manor, so I've successfully managed to enroll into both however have to make a choice as to which one I want to go to.
I"m at this point so confused so have come here for advice, first of all commute for LAE Tottenham is 35 mins and Brampton Manor 1hr and 15 mins, so commute is slightly longer. Second of all, I already know a few people going LAE so less concern of making friends however I'm happy to make friends if necessary. Next, I've saw Brampton has significantly higher results and also the outcome of the students going to Oxbridge, if not Russell group unis, but LAE Tottenham has opportunities also where fewer students do well and also are able to continue on to Russell group unis and very few Oxbridge. I also see Brampton has a fair selection of clubs but so does LAE. I'm not too fussed on commute or friends but is Brampton worth that extra travel per day and also the fresh start?
Reply 8
Original post by Ishti54
Maths - 8
Chem - 9
Physics - 8 (idk how)
Biology - 8
History - 8 (Germany paper 🙄)
Computer Science - 8 (Idk how, thought I did really good)
Business - 9
Eng Lang - 9
Eng Lit - 6 (getting it remarked, 3 marks away from 7)
I’m going to study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics

do you think you can help me with computer science and I want to apply to Brampton so I can start from September 2024

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending