Poll

Do you enjoy Call of duty MW3?

Discussion for MW3.

To join the group http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1613
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jermaindefoe
Sorry if this already exists - if not then all discussion in here - i am quite looking forward to this tbh

Are you going to stick with this thread, unlike the BO one which you neglected :p:

I very much doubt I'll be getting it on release. New zombie map on Black Ops soon (I'm on PS3 before anyone says it's already out), that will keep me occupied for a long time (I still play Nacht der Untoten occasionally, and all the others, so plenty more hours of gameplay there for me). I've still not completed Infamous, then I want Infamous 2. Then there's Minecraft. And Uncharted 3 and Arkham City will be higher priority for me than MW3 so I probably won't get round to it for a long time.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm more excited for AC: Rev than MW3 tbh. It's just gonna be slightly different to MW2.
Reply 3
Why can't we all agree to wipe the dust off our COD4 discs and play it again like the good old days.
Sorry can't be bothered to buy modern warfare 3 yes I want to play it as I have played every call of duty game ever created and still got them (call of duty 2 was the best imo storming the hill).

They just had to go one step further in being greedy and charging for extras for the multiplayer that is low no matter what game it is. Will get it though in the future second hand.

Rather play COD than BF as I want to just have fun running around killing people than being forced into a war where it is no fun at all. Soon as university starts well soon as I get the grant im getting the only game that I truly want this year Dead Island.. it is the first of its kind and it looks amazing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Looking forward to it! (Pre-ordered it last week :h:)
Original post by Fusion
Why can't we all agree to wipe the dust off our COD4 discs and play it again like the good old days.

It's only worth playing it for the insanely hacked lobbies you get put into without warning (speed hacks, dual-wielding Barretts that fire as quickly as RPDs, etc).
I dont understand why people feel the need to come in here just to tell us they are not buying the game. Its not cool to dislike COD...
Oh man, so many games I want!

MW3
BF3
Uncharted 3
Dead Island

:woo:

I'm looking forward to the spec ops survival mode XD

I've also been buying COD games since 2004:
COD: Finest Hour
COD 2: Big Red One
COD 3
COD 4: MW
COD 5: World At War
COD 6: MW2
COD 7: Black Ops

:daydreaming:

It's been a part of my childhood really, since finest hour when I was 10 years old! Oh my days, seems like yesterday :tongue:

However, I would be lying if I said uncharted 3 and BF3 haven't got me a bit more excited.
I really want Mw3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations

The thing is, I want Mw3 for multiplayer so I can stay ahead of my friends on it haha

But I really want Assassin's Creed: Revelations because the story line is SO good :s-smilie:

And they come out so close together :frown:
Mw3 the 8th
AC: R the 15th :'(
Modern Warfare 3 looks too much like black ops imo. I thought they were going to go back to Modern Warfare 2 style gameplay.

Regardless though I will probably most likely end up buying it, nice to see the AC130 back again.
Original post by ifstatement
Modern Warfare 3 looks too much like black ops imo. I thought they were going to go back to Modern Warfare 2 style gameplay.

Regardless though I will probably most likely end up buying it, nice to see the AC130 back again.

:lolwut: its a completley different game engine

Is it? I didn't know, I briefly saw the spec ops trailer and it reminded me more of Black Ops compared to Modern Warfare 2 buying the weapons with cash/points and such.

If it's a completely different game though with the point streaks it will be interesting. I won't be pre-ordering it though, going to see some reviews in the first week and playing it at a friends before buying it.
Original post by AllTheGood1'sRGone
I really want Mw3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations

The thing is, I want Mw3 for multiplayer so I can stay ahead of my friends on it haha

But I really want Assassin's Creed: Revelations because the story line is SO good :s-smilie:

And they come out so close together :frown:
Mw3 the 8th
AC: R the 15th :'(

I'm getting AC: Rev first. So excited! :excited:
Reply 14
:rofl:

That is perhaps stretching it a bit far.

Black Ops and MW3 both run on the same basic game engine (the IW engine), albeit different versions.
Original post by TheCrackInTime
That is perhaps stretching it a bit far.

Black Ops and MW3 both run on the same basic game engine (the IW engine), albeit different versions.
the underlying engine is the same - the final implementation couldn't be more different
Reply 17
I've never owned a COD title but I am going to get MW3 when it comes out.
Original post by iLoveRobSwire<3
I'm getting AC: Rev first. So excited! :excited:

I'm probably going to use my wages to preorder both games, get Mw3, no life it on that until the 14th, try and prestige (I wish) to keep ahead of my friends and then get Assassin's Creed: Revelations and do the story line before anyone on my friend list prestiges on Mw3 haha

I have few friends on Xbox who play Assassin's Creed, and I heard the new multiplayer for it is going to be very team based like AC: Brotherhood multiplayer was, so if you've got Xbox LIVE, PM me with your Gamertag if you want someone else to partner with on the Alliance mode (if they still have that) :smile:
Original post by AllTheGood1'sRGone
I'm probably going to use my wages to preorder both games, get Mw3, no life it on that until the 14th, try and prestige (I wish) to keep ahead of my friends and then get Assassin's Creed: Revelations and do the story line before anyone on my friend list prestiges on Mw3 haha

I have few friends on Xbox who play Assassin's Creed, and I heard the new multiplayer for it is going to be very team based like AC: Brotherhood multiplayer was, so if you've got Xbox LIVE, PM me with your Gamertag if you want someone else to partner with on the Alliance mode (if they still have that) :smile:

I'm gonna make my brother get MW3 and I'll get AC.
And I'm on PS3 :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest